Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Collected my 997.1 GT3 today!

NXI20 said:
I would do an oil & filter change. It's cheap Insurance. There's no need to pay OPC prices for it though.

Finally got around to this a few weeks back, courtesy matt @ porschacare

Also finally fixed the pics on this thread which had been screwed well and truly by those nice people at photobucket. Going to delete everything off that account and ditch it pronto

Car is still at my folks place while extension works at home are ongoing, hope to get it back home by November, right in time for lovely winter weather :roll:

Hmm... the wax oil could probably do with a refresh

Updated my list of mods to date today. I've pretty much now got the car to how I want it (for now)

Done:
Motorsport LSD
Hayward & Scott exhaust bypass (+Decibel Devils for track)
RSS semi solid engine mounts
GT2 rear ARB
245 front tyres
5mm front spacers
Refurbished front dampers (+DU bush upgrade)
Proper geo(s) @ Centre Gravity
SRF brake fluid
Mobil Motorsport 10w/60
Recaro pole position buckets
Agency Power rear cage
Red alcantara gear knob, handbrake, console lid
Grey alcantara lower dash and top-mid dash
Black alcantara top dash, chrono and centre console (pics pages 13, 14, 15)
Momo cup steering wheel
6 point harness
Cup 2 tyres
OZ wheels (pics page 21)
RS29 all round
PCM delete shelf fitted

To do: [no particular order, priorities tend to change...]
More trackdays!
Trim grey or black alcantara Recaro seats (main frames)
Trim door cards in alcantara (maybe swap to RS cards)
Coolant pipes re-fit / pinning
DSC module
Wax oil refresh
Sort rusty wheel bolts (titanium? Or respray)

Lottery win:
3.8/9 ~£20k
Bare metal re spray ~£10k (Riviera, obvs)

Suggest to move "more track days" up the list :wink:

Roro said:
Clarkey said:
Suggest to move "more track days" up the list :wink:

Definitely! :thumb:

Eight months later, and I've so far failed to do any trackdays :wack:

Thought I'd update the thread as it's been a while

The car (still) hasn't been used much, due to a house purchase / extension / refurb and associated drain on time as well as finances

I was looking recently for someone to check the car's overall condition with a view to starting trackdays again this year. So on the recommendation of a certain Mr. RamsAy, I took the car to Fearnsport for a check up and to do any work required

In short, nothing needed doing, which is good news, with the exception of a weep from the RMS, but nothing serious enough to warrant any work at present

The only thing that could be done is to have the coolant pipes welded, which has been on my to do list for a while. However probably makes sense to put that off until I'm closer to doing trackdays whenever that may be. While the engine is out I also quite fancy the LWFW mod, but need to research more on how that would affect drivability. I'm liking the look of the RPM ducktail too, but that's not a priority. And now that I've just said that, that's probably going to end up being the first thing I get done :D

I still take the car out every week or 2 for a quick run to keep everything flowing, and to remember why I've still got it after almost 7 years :)

Keep the faith :thumb:

Roro, how about going to a track day and have some Pax laps - to get you back in the mood....or not?

PCGB at Anglesey on Sat perhaps.... :wink:

Senoj said:
Keep the faith :thumb:

Cheers dude. (That's a great tune too by Bon Jovi by the way, used to love the tone Alec John Such got on the bass intro. I just read that he got the sack for poor live performances, what a way to go. Lose your place in one of the worlds biggest rock bands and your musicianship gets trashed at the same time!)

Clarkey - thanks for the offer and Anglesey is one of my to-do tracks, but won't be able to do it short notice unfortunately (5 hour drive from down south!). Keep me posted next time youre planning a more southerly track like Silverstone? Would be good to catch up with you and any of the rest of the gang

I want to do Spa next year so will keep an eye out on the various trackday calendars. The trick will be to book first and think later... :grin:

Ticked over to 40k miles today :thumb:

Condensers had gone and needed replacing so off to Matt @ Porschacare to get them sorted, top notch job as always

Will start a to do list for next year over Christmas, should be easy, will be all the things I never did this year like coolant pipes, then maybe LWFW and clutch, although clutch is fine... :?:

Car is filthy and needs a proper wash now, job for next weekend maybe. My greatest discovery of the last couple of years was a Daqua DI vessel, turns washing the car into a piece of cake. I'm convinced the car attracts less dirt after doing a final rinse with pure water and therefore stays cleaner for longer :dont know:

Attachments

• d47f0399_4768_4f19_accb_8a6995582306_493.jpeg
    d47f0399_4768_4f19_accb_8a6995582306_493.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5,792
  • d47f0399_4768_4f19_accb_8a6995582306_493.jpeg
    d47f0399_4768_4f19_accb_8a6995582306_493.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5,792
My trip up to Centre Gravity was rudely interrupted today, when I noticed a squeaky pulley sound after starting the car. I had noticed the noise a couple of weeks ago, but it seemed louder today, so decided against the 200ish mile round trip to Atherstone

I spoke to Tognola Engineering who are local, car is booked in next week for them to have a look and fix. Chief suspects for the squeaking are loose pulleys or alternator. Hopefully won't be too expensive whatever it is, it's tax bill month after all... :roll:

Be interested to know if any other GT3 owners have had anything similar noise-wise :dont know:

My money's on one or more of the idler pulleys. They don't like being sat around unused. Get out in it more :wack:

Thanks uncle Nick. Yes guilty... :oops: it gets used pretty much every week, but I think I'm averaging only about 1k / year the last 2/3 years. I (finally!) booked a TD @ Thruxton in May, but Cunno said I'll most likely fail the noise nazi test. So might take the M2 to that instead and find something else for the GT3

Thruxton is probably the strictest UK track for noise - can be as low as 88dB on some days; a real shame as it's the fastest track in the UK and we can't use our cars on it :sad:

Try Blyton or Anglesey for the least noise-restricted in the UK or come to the 'ring with us on a DN trip :D

That's one of the reasons I booked Thruxton, I fell for the fastest track hype and booked without consulting the forum first :pc:

Never done Anglesey but it's on my hit list. If I can do either that or Spa this year I'll be happy. Spa was always very easy on noise before, has that changed? I'm a bit reluctant to book any euro travel though currently due to Brexit, don't fancy sitting in long(er) queues for nothing

Spa is still OK ime. It went from 107 to 105 driveby a few years back but I've never tripped the meters there & my car is, erm, a bit noisier than standard :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back