Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How blue is metropole blue leather?

murph7355

As the subject really...

Blue interiors aren't generally my favourite. They tend to look a bit plasticky IMO. And the 997 has a number of plastic surfaces already... That said, my Griff has a half blue interior and looks great ("half" may be the key word though!).

How does Metropole Blue work on a 997?

I have ocean blue which is nice and dark. I think it works very well and is nice to have - certainly a bit more interesting than black leather and not horrendous like some of the beige and red interiors that Porsche do.

I have a 987 Boxster S with Metropole Blue, it`s just a little lighter than Navy Blue I would say. It works well with my Midnight blue car :thumb:

Thanks guys.

Just had a look for some swatches and think Ocean is darker than Metropole.

Will have a browse round for more photos...if you have pictures of your boxster that you think represent it well I'd be interested to see them :)

I have sea blue and have mixed it with black Alcantara and bodycoloured paint

Attachments

• img_2059_830.jpg
    img_2059_830.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 3,713
  • img_2227_134.jpg
    img_2227_134.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 3,713
  • img_2229_168.jpg
    img_2229_168.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 3,713
  • img_2220_125.jpg
    img_2220_125.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 3,712
  • img_1911_206.jpg
    img_1911_206.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 3,710
Phil 997 said:
I have sea blue and have mixed it with black Alcantara and bodycoloured paint
Not so up on the body coloured parts but the alcantara (is it black or grey?) and the blue belts look great against that leather...

Out of interest, how much did the retrim set you back (if you don't mind me asking).

belts about £32 each any colour you want , the bodycolour centre console £180. the alcantara is what Porsche call black but its more charcoal everything except the lower dash is OE lower dash is about £200 in Alcantara. :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
belts about £32 each any colour you want , the bodycolour centre console £180. the alcantara is what Porsche call black but its more charcoal everything except the lower dash is OE lower dash is about £200 in Alcantara. :thumb: :thumb:
Whereabouts are you based and who did you use?

murph7355 said:
Phil 997 said:

Based Bournemouth Dorset, Used a combination of DesignLS for leather/ alcantara etc , Wicked Coatings in Poole for paint , and a seatbeltx from FDTS in Byfleet surrey .
Its quite easy to break up an
interior if its a mass of a colour you think is too much . :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
murph7355 said:
Phil 997 said:

Based Bournemouth Dorset, Used a combination of DesignLS for leather/ alcantara etc , Wicked Coatings in Poole for paint , and a seatbeltx from FDTS in Byfleet surrey .

Oh dear looks like Phil might have found another victim :floor: seriously personalising your 997 can be a great thing and easy to transform your interior into a great place to be.

silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
murph7355 said:
Phil 997 said:

Oh dear looks like Phil might have found another victim :floor: seriously personalising your 997 can be a great thing and easy to transform your interior into a great place to be.

Chris you should post a couple of pics of your interior mate :thumb:

mark pearce said:
Metropole Blue is a 996 Colour
Ocean Blue is a 997 Colour, so you wont find metropole in a 997

I had ocean in my 4S great colour and fairly dark.

mark pearce said:
Metropole Blue is a 996 Colour
Ocean Blue is a 997 Colour, so you wont find metropole in a 997
Ahhhhh. Interesting.

Thanks.

Think I'll go and have a look.

(Thanks to everyone else who's replied too - at least I know that if it's too blue, tweaks are possible for not much cash).

what colour is the exterior of the car in question?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back