Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Are these things supposed to understeer like this??

T8 said:
MAZI said:
Where can I get some high speed Porsche specific driving lessons preferably not in my own car.

Try the 'Porsche Experience Centre' at Silverstone. :thumbs:

There may be one space left on the CAT driver training course next Sunday.

I find the front noticeably lighter when the fuel is nearly empty.

For all the talk of driver training I really think the simple answer is no, at 'modest-ish" speeds, which I assume to mean spirited but safe road driving, then no, I've never noticed either my 2wd or 4wd cars wash out as discribed, and I've had no driver triaining.

I did however have both cars geo'd shortly after purchase (because neither tracked 100% true)

Whereabouts are you? Maybe someone on here can check it out for you.

Define more specifically how fast and how sharp a corner? These cars handle incredibly well, so surprising.

What did you drive before?

These cars set up correctly, are as sharp as a tack to drive so you must have an issue of description.

I agree. I have been driving my C2 this week and at any normal speeds the handling is very neutral. I daren't push it enough to provoke a reaction, but it does feel that you would have to do something dumb to do so. It just grips.

MC

+2

Mine was very understeery out of the box, but that can be fixed with a decent geo and then other stuff, just depends how far you want to go to improve the cars handling

Ps - my interpretation of 'set up correctly" would be 'not oem settings", for some reason Porsche set up 997s to understeer, but to be fair I think most manufacturers do this to a degree as understeer is perceived safer than oversteer

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back