Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

In for a penny.........

That must be it then, right? Er no!

An over zealous owner or mechanic has given the engine lid a good shove at some point and put a slight dent to the back end. Easy fix this time and no rust!

HjZ9r5j.jpg

A couple of tiny dents which I had never noticed in 6 years of ownership!
XP4ApE2.jpg

The bonnet had always been a source of irritation to me as it had previously been painted very poorly with an awful orange peel effect about half way where it had been blown in to.
ckIIwQr.jpg

ZlU5PHE.jpg

VWRpU3v.jpg

A few more bits to tidy up and it'll soon be off to paint.

Nothing too horrible to report here.
AUJrwKP.jpg

TkJq31c.jpg

2xaZ95l.jpg

3lCON6E.jpg

Dn5UTlW.jpg

Primer time!

e5Ei6hp.jpg

oXfuhXx.jpg

SSRdRs5.jpg

DoiM3YO.jpg

IPdgotL.jpg

And more!

sHR9PBr.jpg

2wVmfVq.jpg

6puCBDu.jpg

t9NJdDW.jpg

9xd44xX.jpg

Great work Thomas, its looks as though we're in the same boat :grin:

Cheers,

Paul :thumbs:

paul284pt said:
Great work Thomas, its looks as though we're in the same boat :grin:

Cheers,

Paul :thumbs:

I guess there will be lots of folk in the same position if they were to go digging into the nether regions of their cars.

All go now.....

17Ddxvo.jpg

pF8Ox2V.jpg

FwBi0rb.jpg

bwYuZGi.jpg

1KFoIJX.jpg

Coming together.

yVgdDRG.jpg

IfBhn3u.jpg

dH2CD6H.jpg

2aiQdNL.jpg

Pleased with the mirrors particularly as the drivers side always looked a bit iffy with what appeared to be a huge blister in the paint. I was worried it was some broken plastic that would require a repair or replacement. However it turned out to be the paint coming away from the part due to poor prep on a previous repaint.👍

yB56Kl2.jpg

This is great Thomas, it looks as though you've given the old girl a thorough working over!

Will we see you out this year?

Cheers,
Paul

paul284pt said:
This is great Thomas, it looks as though you've given the old girl a thorough working over!

Will we see you out this year?

Cheers,
Paul

I'll be out all summer Paul, I have two summers worth of driving to catch up on.

I will hold you to that mind :cop:

You've got to love fresh Gaurds Red paint. Garry's finest work.

I did toy with the idea of painting the red right down the sides and doing away with the black along the undersides of the side skirts and bumpers but I think sticking with the original design was the correct way to go.

8w2tF3G.jpg

y85DnYZ.jpg

klE1h6Q.jpg

pv2WYgb.jpg

7QBod8n.jpg

Amazing to me how good the finish was even before flatting and polishing.

Remember all the rot and repair work on these wings? Amazing work.

4G8JmcL.jpg

0IoX5OP.jpg

0GFxcqJ.jpg

3HjNwNL.jpg

Jo7Tl4X.jpg

Thomas.....evidence of more great work there,
when he hands you the bill, I've heard that if you scrunch up your eyes and stick your fingers in your ears, it's not so painful! :grin:
The upside is you will feel a lot lighter in the wallet area so you can go faster !

Looking forward to seeing your "new" car....

Very nearly there!

oFVjd8o.jpg

QraUn1N.jpg

P3b29sw.jpg

dt4pyIo.jpg

LrQhxoz.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211