Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

H&R lowering springs fitted

Alfaian

Sao Paulo
Along with 15mm and 7mm spacers and new front control arms as it developed a squeak once lowered.

Attachments

• img_0265_209.jpg
    img_0265_209.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 2,217
  • img_0267_282.jpg
    img_0267_282.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,217
  • img_0265_883.jpg
    img_0265_883.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 2,217
  • img_0266_116.jpg
    img_0266_116.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 2,217
  • img_0269_129.jpg
    img_0269_129.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,217
What mm drop are the springs mate ?
Is it a 2S ?

Apollo - thanks. It does and the pictures don't do it justice. It looks really aggressive in the flesh :grin:

K9 - yes, it's a C2S. Now the confusing bit. They are advertised as -30 mm drop but that's on a base Carrera. On an "s" with pasm , they drop the car by 20mm.

The ride is somewhere between pasm on and off so a bit more harsh but a really good sports car feel.

Also changed to p mounts, bearings and bump stops, then the coffin arms as they squeezed after.

I don't need to use pasm at all now and the handling is sublime. What a difference.

Wish I'd done it long before now tbh
:thumb:

Ian, that looks so much better mate a really nice stance low but not slammed, and good you mention the ride as so many think lowering and spacing is purly aesthetics, but its not it improves the handling, keeps the car flat when cornering, the control when accelerating, reduced nose dive when braking, without making the ride too hard as the feel is very close to stock IMO no fillings falling out :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Looking good there Ian :thumb:

Alfaian said:
Apollo - thanks. It does and the pictures don't do it justice. It looks really aggressive in the flesh :grin:

K9 - yes, it's a C2S. Now the confusing bit. They are advertised as -30 mm drop but that's on a base Carrera. On an "s" with pasm , they drop the car by 20mm.

The ride is somewhere between pasm on and off so a bit more harsh but a really good sports car feel.

Also changed to p mounts, bearings and bump stops, then the coffin arms as they squeezed after.

I don't need to use pasm at all now and the handling is sublime. What a difference.

Wish I'd done it long before now tbh
:thumb:

It's not confusing at all Ian. Have discussed in the past with Phil and establish just that :thumb:
Looks great.
I'm considering doing the same.
You can still use same bolts or do you need longer ones because of the rear 15 mm spacers ?

Looks like mine though I went -15mm

Thanks fellas. Yes, I ordered the extra long bolts front and back the same time I ordered the spacers which are hubcentric from www.wheelspacers.uk.com

My old bolts were looking a bit shabby anyway and these are zinc coated. Nice and shiny :D didn't bother with any locking bolts either.

Apart from the looks , it just feels so much more planted :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back