Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

When you walk away from your car..

Anyone else start it up in the garage with the window/door open?

Just to hear all the mechanical nonsense come to life :?: :oops:

me too!

Attachments

• resize_113.jpg
    resize_113.jpg
    576.7 KB · Views: 4,306
All the time. Why drive something you don't love?

I thought perhaps I was a bit 'special'. Good to know it isn't just me.

MC

kas750 said:
Sarfend said:
Absolutely. Also are there times when you haven't driven it for a while, you get in, shut the door and just sit and look around the interior, breath in and smile before you fire up and head out?
Definitely :thumb:
I often go into the garage with a cup of tea and just walk around my cars looking at them :oops:

👍👍 great to hear that , I find myself doing it often .......

I used to go into the garage the night before I was going away to work ,'to check my cteks' and end up just admiring the lines of my car ,even under its fleecy cover,it still does it for me ...

What about the guys who don't do it ...? Is there a therapy group for them ,because it's a pity they are missing this activity ....

On reflection ...
Is there actually anyone who doesn't do it?

Phil 997 said:
Yep me too will go outside for a smoke and cup of coffee and walk around the car and often turn and look when walking away , mind you I do the same to cute women so maybe its ingrained into us to admire a nice chassis and a great ride :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

😎😎😎😎

I like all the different colours too !!!

plynchy said:

Every single time...... :thumb:

3.6 with PSE sounds amazing on cold start.

I like looking at the reflection in shop windows as I drive past them :oops:

plynchy said:

Yep, me too to this also - door open! :lol:

When you don't look back is when you have fallen out of love and its time to move the car on, its so important that you aesthetically like your car, just as much as driving it. If you fall out of love, you don't clean, polish it or look after it quite the same :thumb:

Its been nearly 3 years, and I still look back :thumb:

........and again. :)

XECNDby.jpg

I have this very same conversation with friends quite regularly.

One of my mates was recently talking about buying a Nissan GTR - which, in itself, is a superb car. But I asked him - in a few months time, when the novelty has worn off, will you still look over your shoulder at her as you walk up the drive....??

I've owned my P&J 3 years now and she's just about to come up on 90,000 miles; i've done just over 30k of those. I can't help look over my shoulder at her ever time i walk away after driving her. :thumb: 8)

Osh

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back