Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Freddie44's / London Classica - 997.1 GT3 CS running report

Thanks buddy :thumb: The Bose idea was great.. until you threw on the anchors..

Seems silly now to think I was worried about making just the Euro Tunnel. I managed the entire trip - stopping to do my exercises in the oddest/most beautiful places on route - 1750 joyful miles - what a car, what a route - and the Friday nights in the gym paid off. Listen to your physio!!

First stop Reims:

fk78ft.jpg

Our lodgings in Annecy had an OK view:

efs56d.jpg

We climbed mountains:

27zyhf.jpg

Visited friends gardens for birthday lunches:

21j2k4o.jpg

The girls met:

24luh03.jpg

Lovely when your friends are concerned for you:

29pufwn.jpg

Have since removed but was sent some stickers:

judag9.jpg

Glad your back in her now Freddie.
In June I'm off to Lyon then to Cannes,Monaco. Then off to Geno and Portafino in Italy. My first road trip to Europe since I got my GT3 51/2 years ago.

Nice one Darren - sounds about time you properly stretched her legs - enjoy your trip!

Here's a little video.. apologies for quality - nice noise though

https://youtu.be/CSP7Z2KMhfw

All this talk of European road trips is really exciting. Less than a fortnight now before I take my car for it's first visit (under my ownership anyway) to the Nurburgring. DN19 trackday two weeks today and I'm looking forward to the whole trip.

Diggermeister said:
All this talk of European road trips is really exciting. Less than a fortnight now before I take my car for it's first visit (under my ownership anyway) to the Nurburgring. DN19 trackday two weeks today and I'm looking forward to the whole trip.

Watch your neck :grin:

Going to be a total blast enjoy Digger 8) :thumb: :thumb:

Nice one on the Gran Turismo gig! What an amazing thing to add to your car's provenance, your GT3 should probably have its own Instagram and Twitter accounts :grin:

Thanks Rory

Can't wait to get back on track either
Might aim for a cheeky Goodwood day towards the end the year if all stays "on track"

:what:

PS - cant stand Twitter but Instagram is great if you have a passion for something - you only follow what you want (and not a baby photo in sight!)

I like Goodwood, but I was too loud for it when I did a trackday there a few years back. I got black flagged even with my decibel devils, might be time to re-think my bypass pipe! Are you running stock or do you have a bypass fitted as well?

Get black flagged all day long but if you go wide of their microphones it helps

Last time the lady in their sound police office told me to get a different car. I asked her, what was she doing working at Goodwood !??

Roro said:
Ha ha seriously?? That's funny. Maybe she wanted you to sell her your GT3 :grin:

Not a chance! :D

Few pics to brighten up the website. Its not all engine issues thankfully.

Organised a few friends on my fav roads down in the south of France. We enjoyed a Lambo Jalpa, Jaguar XK120 and a 1967 Corvette Stingray

Car of the weekend went to the Jag by 1 vote; 65 years old and total Spitfire flying bliss - the joy of open top motoring in a nutshell. It was close with the Jalpa though which spat flames all day long and is a really really good car.

2hfuaux.jpg

1zcim4m.jpg

281wrxc.jpg

GT3
28up7k3.jpg

2jaxdgo.jpg

14bs2mf.jpg

Friends lovely 993
2aank1v.jpg

:eek: :)

GT3 guru's, I've forgotten the best tyre pressures for my 997.1 GT3 - 245 / 305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports. (for fast road driving)

30 / 34 ?

cold or hot ?

Hope everyone is well
:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back