Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WOW this place is dead !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil at al - I'm going to be around the south for a week or so in June (19-28). Do keep me in the loop if you guys are around then - work commitments permitting, would be nice to meet up.

I'll even do my best not to wear sandals :grin:

Phil 997 said:
FZP said:
Phil 997 said:
very good Point Frank, there was very little happening South central until a few of us did something about it , now there are regular meets with 35/40 cars attending . andthere are often 991s attending :thumb: :thumb:
Well you southerners (actually I'm pretty sure I'm the most southerner person here bar 1 guy, Systech1 who's from Adelaide) were the driving force behind the idea. It's proven to be great move as it's given us all an opportunity to meet people we'd otherwise never meet. :thumb:

its funny Frank we met forum member Sonic at Spa ready for the Dinslaken trip and he lives in Germany but is actually from down under as well , So theres a few of you on here now , closest I came was eating Kangaroo steak in the padoda buffet at Dinslaken :grin: :grin:
Seedy Euphemism #186. :floor:
Kangaroo one of my faves

FZP said:
Phil 997 said:
FZP said:
Phil 997 said:
very good Point Frank, there was very little happening South central until a few of us did something about it , now there are regular meets with 35/40 cars attending . andthere are often 991s attending :thumb: :thumb:
Well you southerners (actually I'm pretty sure I'm the most southerner person here bar 1 guy, Systech1 who's from Adelaide) were the driving force behind the idea. It's proven to be great move as it's given us all an opportunity to meet people we'd otherwise never meet. :thumb:

its funny Frank we met forum member Sonic at Spa ready for the Dinslaken trip and he lives in Germany but is actually from down under as well , So theres a few of you on here now , closest I came was eating Kangaroo steak in the padoda buffet at Dinslaken :grin: :grin:
Seedy Euphemism #186. :floor:
Kangaroo one of my faves

:floor: :floor: :floor: yes I was really suprised how nice it was better than a lot of beef steaks, not sure what it was doing on a chinese buffet menu in the middle Germany though :grin: :grin: although we are not very adventurous with our meat over here compared to other countries :thumb:

T8 said:
ScottBacon said:
More activity in a morgue !!

From someone who's posted 19 times in 2.5 years. :floor:

iirc you were going to get a 991 in 2015. What happened?

Yeah but that's based on just two visits to the site. I obviously got bored on the first visit too :floor:

Dont know why I didn't buy in 2015 other than to start a 3 year love affair with BMW, why the interest ?

So, seems my post has 'drummed up' a MASSIVE 35 responses in a week which makes it one of the 'busiest' threads on here in the last year !!

I'll stick by my opening post then eh ? :grin: :grin:

ScottBacon said:
So, seems my post has 'drummed up' a MASSIVE 35 responses in a week which makes it one of the 'busiest' threads on here in the last year !!

You've had quite a few cars in the last 3 years, why so many?

As said before Scott get a 996 or a 997 and get involved in the sub forums that really are active. Beemers are nice but they arent 911s :grin: :grin: :thumb:

sim996 said:
ScottBacon said:

Indeed Ive changed a few times. Simple answer though is that I like cars.

Rather than "why so many?" I would ask "why not?" :thumb:

ScottBacon said:
sim996 said:
ScottBacon said:

Observation:

It would seem to me that after your somewhat derogatory original post ... .....forum members have attempted to look past it and engage you in polite banter designed to involve you and perhaps get you to reciprocate in the normal forum 'chat' .......
You , however after your ignominious start are being very defensive and not very forthcoming ....
Might I suggest to be a bit more open , and enjoy the banter , Enter into the spirit of it , you will enjoy this forum more than most out there .
....If you enjoy forum craic of course ...

ScottBacon said:
sim996 said:
ScottBacon said:

Observation:

It would seem to me that after your somewhat derogatory original post ... .....forum members have attempted to look past it and engage you in polite banter designed to involve you and perhaps get you to reciprocate in the normal forum 'chat' .......
You , however after your ignominious start are being very defensive and not very forthcoming ....
Might I suggest to be a bit more open , and enjoy the banter , Enter into the spirit of it , you will enjoy this forum more than most out there .

pierrebear said:
Phil at al - I'm going to be around the south for a week or so in June (19-28). Do keep me in the loop if you guys are around then - work commitments permitting, would be nice to meet up.

I'll even do my best not to wear sandals :grin:

Will do mate :thumb:

911TEL said:
ScottBacon said:
sim996 said:
ScottBacon said:

Observation:

Agreed, It does seem Scott's few posts have an underlying aggressivness in their tone. I would agree, Scott lighten up and consider how it has transfered from your head to type . and as said stop being defensive and engage . or we wont share our toys with you :floor: :floor: :floor:

1432 views of a nonsense thread in 4 days goes far enough in confirming that the forum is very much alive.

However - time to kill this one now I think. :wink:

:lock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back