Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Kline exhaust for 996 Carrera C2?

dombo

Looking for some advice re exhaust replacement. The silencers on my 03 C2 Cab are looking a bit shabby and starting to leak. They are the originals so 15 years old and 72k miles and need replacing.

Would it be overkill to fit Klines? They seem to be very popular with Turbos and are very nice looking bits of kit, but I'm wondering if they'll be wasted on a non-turbo £20k car (albeit one that rrp'd at £70k).

Against that is the thought that £1000-£1200 on a standard s/s kit is just maintenance like replacing tyres - needs to be done - whereas 3k on a Kline is expenditure on something that is a superb bit of kit and an improvement on the original.

Any advice most welcome.

If you want Kline, get Kline.

No you won't get the £3K back when you come to sell, but if it sounds great, you'll enjoy the car a lot more and maybe claw 1/3 back if you ever sell (which will be easier, if it sounds great).

If you can afford it go Kline. I fitted one to me C4s and it was absolutely perfect for noise fitment etc. No droning, sounded amazing. I didn't realize there £3k now though, my £1600 seems like a bargin then!!

Im trying to replicate that on the C2 but its just not getting close.

I have Kline on my 2004 3.6 C2. "I love it" as the man said. Not intrusive at low revs but definitely not stock. As the revs get above 3.5k the sound is superb. I deliberately hold the lower gear to get my morning fix as i pull to the motorway on my way to work. Not cheap but I don't regret it

Mine being fitted this week...can't wait😃

Do Kline make headers for the 996? (either the 3.4 or 3.6 - i.e. the same, but OEM 3.4 were "skinnier")
- I'm sure I've seen a full system by them, but now I only seem to see the sports cat x-pipe and backboxes as an option....?

For those who are interested, I asked the question of Nine Excellence (who are one of the UK Kline distributors)...
- apparently Kline do definitely still make manifolds, so a FULL system, or either half is possible (9e have now updated their own website)

www.nineexcellence.com/upgrades/exhausts.html?find=996--1998-2005--c2-97-00-2899

I'm fairly happy with my Top Gear x-pipe and Cargraphic backboxes, but if I wanted to spend money on some good manifolds I'd definitely be tempted to save for a Kline pair(!)
(I'm far from convinced re. the £100 "ebay" option - having fitted and since removed a set, back in favour of some ceramic coated 996.2 OEM headers...)

Has anyone compared a Kline 996 system to a Top Gear system? Christian, (who owns Kline) is the half brother of Alex at Top Gear. Alex's father owns Top Gear and Alex did mention the Top Gear x-pipe is the same design as the Kline one...

I'm sure the Kline systems are lovely, but they cost twice as much as much as a Top Gear system and I am not sure they are worth the extra? :dont know:

I was about £1600 for mine (2years ago) and at that time I was still thinking it was a lot.
Admittedly they are very well made and sound is perfect so its a big commitment.

Saying that my badge on the x-pipe fell off after a couple of days :lol: .

Fastlane said:
Has anyone compared a Kline 996 system to a Top Gear system? Christian, (who owns Kline) is the half brother of Alex at Top Gear. Alex's father owns Top Gear and Alex did mention the Top Gear x-pipe is the same design as the Kline one...

I'm sure the Kline systems are lovely, but they cost twice as much as much as a Top Gear system and I am not sure they are worth the extra? :dont know:

Ive now got the Topgear 200cell x-pipe and they are very similar. Welding etc did seem nicer on the Kline with a definite high quality feel. I do think the Topgear stuff is very good value and for most people spot on.

Attachments

• img_1421_900.jpg
    img_1421_900.jpg
    648.1 KB · Views: 4,857
  • img_1422_201.jpg
    img_1422_201.jpg
    837.1 KB · Views: 4,857
  • img_1423_401.jpg
    img_1423_401.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4,857
coullstar said:
Ive now got the Topgear 200cell x-pipe and they are very similar. Welding etc did seem nicer on the Kline with a definite high quality feel. I do think the Topgear stuff is very good value and for most people spot on.

Interesting. As with so many products in life (Apple especially) I have a feeling that the price differential is more about the "brand" than the quality or performance of the product... :wink:

Fastlane said:

I'd be damned interested to know if the manifold designs are as closely related?!!
- £450 for the Top Gear manifolds is plenty appealing..

TG have a vid embedded on their page re. the full system - always had to get a real feel from a vid, but.... the last minute or so as they pass into the tunnel are 'interesting'......

demon said:
I'd be damned interested to know if the manifold designs are as closely related?!!
- £450 for the Top Gear manifolds is plenty appealing..

TG have a vid embedded on their page re. the full system - always had to get a real feel from a vid, but.... the last minute or so as they pass into the tunnel are 'interesting'......

I would too!

What do you mean by "interesting"?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back