Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

In for a penny.........

Based on what we we starting to find Garry went over the car with a fine toothed comb and a few more areas were identified as needing some love. By now I was starting to get a bit concerned over both spiralling costs and how bad was it going to actually get. After all it only went in for a quick tidy of a few spots.

Yh0R4yb.jpg

SdIUSMn.jpg

gcDv7v2.jpg

GPttgA0.jpg

B55JJWH.jpg

Good pics, With all that new metal Thomas it's a bit like Trigger's broom ! :grin:
Great job though....I'm sure you'll have a warm fuzzy feeling driving it around now knowing it fully fettled and will last you many more years :thumb:
Looking forward to seeing it on the Moffat run.

Looking class Thomas, looking forward to more updates. How are you posting your pics? Ive Been trying to post them from my iPhone but having no luck!

igaffz said:
Looking class Thomas, looking forward to more updates. How are you posting your pics? Ive Been trying to post them from my iPhone but having no luck!

I've started using the Imgur app and it seems to work fine although it is slow but no worse than Photobucket.

Fingers crossed they don't go the same way as Photobucket.

More rust removal, seriously thought it would never end!
d8AdUhl.jpg

yznOkxo.jpg

VZyUvnn.jpg

rO5wbdk.jpg

xOc66yU.jpg

So that was most of the repair work done to the wings.

Next up, out with the glass to see what horrors were hiding in there. The windscreen had been out in my first year of ownership to have a new one fitted due to MOT failure. Some paint and rust removal had been done at the time so I was hopeful of nothing too serious :floor:

A pity that the glass installer ( major installer as preferred by Insurance companies) made such a hash of the previous install. A good section of the glass was not even in the seal correctly and could well have popped out at any point in the previous 5 years!

b1etils.jpg

eAqyVDx.jpg

XkoqlOJ.jpg
:frustrated:

The drivers door required a little attention. Clearly it had suffered being swung back hard against the check strap at some point before my ownership which had resulted in a couple of slight issues.

Firstly the door sat proud of the wing creating a leading edge which caught all manner of detritus from the roads. The door was bent ever so slightly outwards and there was no adjustment to move the door inwards. Secondly the area around the check strap was damaged. A fair sized crease was present in the door.

yCCRFWH.jpg

AUnqLoN.jpg

zGwkskg.jpg

AVI_8 said:
Looks as though I'll be doing similar to my front near side wing, engine rebuild will have to come before though and before that a new garage built in order to give space to rebuild the engine ..... Amd my future wife to be has got plans for a loft conversion .... At least there's an agreement that the car comes first, look forward to seeing your finished pictures. You're doing it properly which will last years to come.

Stay tuned you're going to love the latter parts of this thread.

Loving seeing this progress Thomas. Just keep telling yourself, it's only money :puh:

So the windscreen wasn't too bad, the rear screen must be the same right? Judge for yourselves....... :roll:

imcxI0z.jpg

yY0u6Bi.jpg

QhO2QOR.jpg

1HkK1B8.jpg

Honestly it's enough to bring a tear to a glass eye! :wall:

Thomas, repeat after me. "It's".........."Only"..........."MONEY!" :sad:

It will be worth a fist full of the stuff at the end. Don't get too frustrated or loose your love for the little red devil. You will stand back at the end of this and smile as you stare at the shiney, perfect beauty of the aircooled 911 :cloud9:

How did I miss this??
Great work there Thomas. Currently building my car back up after a respray so I might finally get on some runs this year. I look forward to seeing your car.

I'm looking forward to the "finished" pics. :food:

Chief said:
Thomas, repeat after me. "It's".........."Only"..........."MONEY!" :sad:

It will be worth a fist full of the stuff at the end. Don't get too frustrated or loose your love for the little red devil. You will stand back at the end of this and smile as you stare at the shiney, perfect beauty of the aircooled 911 :cloud9:

'It's only money". :salut:

Still love the car and hopefully one day I'll be able to afford to fill up the fuel tank.

Honestly the comment about Triggers broom isn't far off the mark.

L3Vq5mk.jpg

yYVOhq2.jpg

Amazing what you find when you start digging, enough to make anyone get a bit concerned owning an older car.

Q2sEm0M.jpg

2j7A8pG.jpg

Looking better already!
7F3H93r.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back