Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Turbo Oil temp indicator faulty message

BingB

Hi all,

I've got an 07 997TT and over the weekend temp indicator faulty message came on, I drove the car a short distance home and noticed that the oil temp gauge didn'y move from zero but everything else was OK.

I am assuming that it's a sensor or the gauge etc that needs replacing. Question ii, is it OK to drive the car short distances (5-10 miles)? As I don't have the time to take it to get fixed this week.

I won't be hammering it or anything like that so I am assuming as long as the water temp stays in check it's OK right?

Cheers guys.

Mine went a year or so back, and strangely the water temp sensor also went within a few days.

Car was fine to drive, I drove it to work and back for a few days until my Indy could fit it in. The sensors are cheap, but cost a couple of hours labour to fit.

At the end of the day its a gauge to give you information , in this case oil temp .. driveing with or without that info wont make a difference to the engine .

The only slight worry is if a fault develops you wont see it .. oil temp .. id be a bit more concerned if it was oil pressure though .

So .. without any liability what so ever .. get it fixed when you can :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back