Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cold Air System up for grabs

Tobyone

Nurburgring
Hi all.

Putting my 2008 997.1 c4s back to standard so I am selling this Cold Air unit if anyone would like it.
Has mass airflow sensor already fitted so will save taking yours off the standard airbox.

£299 posted

:D

Attachments

• img_0488_922.jpg
    img_0488_922.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 1,987
I'll take it!
If you pm me your email address I can send funds via PayPal.
Thanks v much
Rob

Pah! Missed it :pc: Would have had that! Never mind!

Did you have any running problems with this, CELs etc?

Rob you know we were chatting in Germany and I said I wasnt having an issue with mine , well the lumpy running while over there the durametric is showing as O2 issues on both sides so clearly its the induction kit so I am getting the remap tweaked to suit the new induction kit . the improvements from these kits are noticable but clearly the car needs to be mapped to account for them and they are just too much for the ECU to relearn on its own. :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Rob you know we were chatting in Germany and I said I wasnt having an issue with mine , well the lumpy running while over there the durametric is showing as O2 issues on both sides so clearly its the induction kit so I am getting the remap tweaked to suit the new induction kit . the improvements from these kits are noticable but clearly the car needs to be mapped to account for them and they are just too much for the ECU to relearn on its own. :thumb:

That's interesting Phil, I only ever checked mine with the cheap bluetooth reader I have, was getting 'system too rich off idle' fault codes most of the time which was puzzling as I would have expected the mixture to be leaner with a freer flowing intake! I think the problem with mine could be something to do with the position of the MAF sensor, it's positioned on a tighter curve than on the Fabspeed, plus mine was modified to fit a Gen1.

Will be interesting to know what they change on the map and how it runs after! Can they custom map for any mods?

DucatiRob said:
Phil 997 said:

That's interesting Phil, I only ever checked mine with the cheap bluetooth reader I have, was getting 'system too rich off idle' fault codes most of the time which was puzzling as I would have expected the mixture to be leaner with a freer flowing intake! I think the problem with mine could be something to do with the position of the MAF sensor, it's positioned on a tighter curve than on the Fabspeed, plus mine was modified to fit a Gen1.

Will be interesting to know what they change on the map and how it runs after! Can they custom map for any mods?

yes mate its a live map to suit all the paramiters and mods fitted to the car thumb: get to get the gearbox rebuilt first then get the car to Regal Motorsports :thumb:

DucatiRob said:
Pah! Missed it :pc: Would have had that! Never mind!

Did you have any running problems with this, CELs etc?

No problems at all chaps no.
Seams to pull a bit easier low down but that may be my imagination.
Great noise on higher revs in overtaking mode though :cop:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back