Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Insurance on the 991

Insurance

The cheapest quote I got was CLASSIC LINE 5k pa break down cover and a agreed valuation (2006 997 c4s)
£580

I'm paying a ridiculous amount compared to you guys!!

My policy is with Chubb (via AIB) for two cars :-
a 2012 C2S, Tracker fitted, kept garaged and
the wife's 2017 Ford Focus, basic spec.

Astonishingly, I'm paying a fraction under £2k per year, with Guaranteed Value and Choice of Repairer for both cars; both me and the Mrs insured for either vehicle.

I appreciate my North London post code doesn't help, but compared to what others have quoted, I will definitely be having a ring around when renewals are due (not until December sadly).

Worth checking your existing Insurance 911_AS as many refund a proportion of your Insurance if you cancel early. I got a refund when I moved from admiral. They were crap on the terms for adding a car with storage address included etc.

Guys

Thanks for all your input on this, always helps once in a while as these Insurance prices change so frequently.

@Blackram - my car is a 991.1 GTS in Carmine Red and I picked it up yesterday! It sounds absolutely LOVELY and very, very LOUD when I press my right foot down!

So as an update to my thread, I phoned around quite a bit and Admiral were very cheap (£537 I think) but I didn't like the service or the ambiguities in the policy when asked (is it Porsche approved repairers etc). So, my penultimate call was A-Plan in Weybridge who came out with £900 before going with A-Plan Thatcham branch.

Policy holders- me (39 yo), 14 years NCD, no accidents or points, missus (40 yo - I'm a toyboy by 2 weeks lol), one not at fault claim, no points. Live in surrey

991.1 GTS value £88k - 8,000 Miles incl. 2,000 Business Miles, parked in Garage, business Class 1 use (better than commuting to just one place)
Grand total of £520! I then opted for an additional £42 to cover an extra 25% on top which is similar to gap Insurance

Lotus Exige S2 - 5 trackdays, business and normal use for 6,000 Miles, 23k value agreed, cost me £375

Lotus Elise S1 - same as above with LOTS of mods £350

BMW 328i - value 17k, 12,000 with 4,000 business Miles (£390) - bargain!

To say the service was excellent would be an understatement. Very knowledgeable and called back when they said they would. All good policies suitable for me AND the cars too.

I said I would pass onto the guys on here, so if you need Insurance call and ask for Christian at the Thatcham branch of A-Plan on 01635 874646 and say 'Jim with the Lotus' sent you! :thumb:

G2 said:
Worth checking your existing Insurance 911_AS as many refund a proportion of your Insurance if you cancel early. I got a refund when I moved from admiral. They were crap on the terms for adding a car with storage address included etc.

Thanks G2. Will have a ring around when I get a chance. Annoying to do have to do this mid-policy, but worth it if it results in a NET saving of a few £.

:thumb:

DerbyJim said:
I said I would pass onto the guys on here, so if you need Insurance call and ask for Christian at the Thatcham branch of A-Plan on 01635 874646 and say 'Jim with the Lotus' sent you! :thumb:

Cheers for the share. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back