Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Not another steering wheel thread..

TBE997

Monza
I promise I used the search function, however no luck

I have a 997.1 manual triangle Multiethnic function steering wheel

I have bought a newer one with round airbag, part # 997347803E9A34 (see below)

From my research I understand that when you swap a tip/pdk steering wheel, one might need a new control module. For the manual MF, I thought as long as I had MF before, it is just a matter of reprogramming.

I got the steering wheel fitted this week, and the multi buttons light up, however do not seem to work. They repeogrammed it in piwis I believe.,

Can anyone who was done this help? Is it really just a matter of reprogramming or do I need a new control module?

This is the new one:

SHzwMlx.jpg

Hi there,

I did the same swap as you - manual triangular airbag m/f wheel to 997.2 round airbag m/f wheel and I needed to replace the control module.

Only if your car is a very late 997.1 will it possibly have the later module, if not you will need to purchase one and fit it in order to get everything to work. You will also need to use PIWIS to program the new module after fitting it.

The part number you need for the control module is: 997.613.289.01

To add mine a 2009 GEN 1 and I still had the old module.

yep me too my gen1 swapping from round sport gen1 wheel to the same as your pic , I needed the control module that monsters listed the part number for. I was lucky and found a used one on ebay £100 and already programmed but most guys have to go to the OPC and they are about £240 plus programming . :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back