Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Thoughts on this 997 turbo

kozzi said:
I think that is a very silly comment - I think most of us have black turbos

I meant different to the OP who is considering the car, not different to many others who will politely say it's nice, but actually leave it on the market for a long time whilst buying black (or other safe) cars

I like the colour combo but when I saw my turbo I jumped on it! The fact if your thinking of going to look at it says to me you not fallen for it!

Looks a bute to me!!

It's a hell of a lot of money to shell out for something that you have admitted you don't like.
Be patient and buy one that won't keep you awake at night wondering if a more agreeable coloured version will turn up in the ads next day.

Thanks for the replies. After owning a couple of porsches I have realised that you can never really get the 'ideal' spec and compromise plays a part unless you are buying new. The interior is the only compromise as I do really like the exterior colour.......and I can always change the interior at a later date.

I'll let you know how I get on :thumb:

They have the best part of £2 million worth of cars on sale, but only 1 feedback, been a member since 2013...something doesn't add up here :bandit:

:cop:

mightymetro said:
Thanks for the replies. After owning a couple of porsches I have realised that you can never really get the 'ideal' spec and compromise plays a part unless you are buying new. The interior is the only compromise as I do really like the exterior colour.......and I can always change the interior at a later date.

Sorry but I totally disagree....
The ideal spec is out there in my view, the only thing you haven't told us is what you do want, rather than pivoting about this cars likes and dislikes.
To me this car is a wrong un, the interior colour is horrible, and exterior is not much better and as to the PCCB they are just a flippin liability of cost !
When I started looking, I had fair idea of what I wanted, but that changed over a period of time as the Guys on here made lots of suggestions on spec and model which was awesome but.... it soon got into you can always wrap it, add the rear wing blah blah blah

To me there are just a short list of must haves, then there is a shorter list of add or remove, and finally there is list 'Ohh that would be a bonus'

Sorry to be so direct, but I really did get my ideal car, albeit I paid top dollar, but it sits there not needing anything doing to it and I really love it !
If you spend your hard earned cash I want to love your car too, it's an emotional purchase, no one needs a Porsche Turbo ! But the value I have extracted by just looking at it on the drive and driving it has been off the scale of my expectation.
Patience.... 8)

Main Force Patrol said:
mightymetro said:

Sorry but I totally disagree....
The ideal spec is out there in my view, the only thing you haven't told us is what you do want, rather than pivoting about this cars likes and dislikes.
To me this car is a wrong un, the interior colour is horrible, and exterior is not much better and as to the PCCB they are just a flippin liability of cost !
When I started looking, I had fair idea of what I wanted, but that changed over a period of time as the Guys on here made lots of suggestions on spec and model which was awesome but.... it soon got into you can always wrap it, add the rear wing blah blah blah

To me there are just a short list of must haves, then there is a shorter list of add or remove, and finally there is list 'Ohh that would be a bonus'

Sorry to be so direct, but I really did get my ideal car, albeit I paid top dollar, but it sits there not needing anything doing to it and I really love it !
If you spend your hard earned cash I want to love your car too, it's an emotional purchase, no one needs a Porsche Turbo ! But the value I have extracted by just looking at it on the drive and driving it has been off the scale of my expectation.
Patience.... 8)

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stinkyspanner
Back