Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

In for a penny.........

Keep them coming Thomas :thumb:

Hey Thomas, from a repair perspective it all looks very thorough. But its a bit scary, on the occasions we've parked next to each other the two of them look pretty identical, does that mean mine is heading in the same direction :?:

Was going to get the polish out tomorrow evening - always a chance to get up close and personal with the bodywork - not sure I want to now (head in sand). :grin: :grin:

Looking forward to the next NE run out and taking a closer look at the finished product.

Cheers,
Mark

Takes me right back Thomas :cloud9: :cloud9:

Looking good Tom.

I'll hopefully see it in person at some point. Hoping to get out on some north east runs this summer.

Keith told me about your health scare and I was going to pm you but thought I'd leave you be.
Hope you're doing well now anyway. :thumb:

markg59 said:
Hey Thomas, from a repair perspective it all looks very thorough. But its a bit scary, on the occasions we've parked next to each other the two of them look pretty identical, does that mean mine is heading in the same direction :?:

Was going to get the polish out tomorrow evening - always a chance to get up close and personal with the bodywork - not sure I want to now (head in sand). :grin: :grin:

Looking forward to the next NE run out and taking a closer look at the finished product.

Cheers,
Mark

Hi Mark, I waited ages before diving into this as the car outwardly looked pretty good, especially after I got into the machine polishing. Unfortunately a few little bits were starting to look rough and I couldn't leave them any longer.

I think that yours looks in slightly better shape than mine, although I haven't looked at it too closely as you would when washing it.

Looking forward to catching up soon.

Rot cut out of wings and reconstruction under way.
KVg51YH.jpg

HsepnzP.jpg

RFIFH7H.jpg

0zkeWRe.jpg

BWl6fou.jpg

Great pictures and detail👍 Very interesting read, I keep logging on to see the next update :popcorn:
Can't wait to see the end result :thumbs:
Being a new 964 owner it is giving me sleepless nights though :eek:

Fatboy74 said:
Great pictures and detail👍 Very interesting read, I keep logging on to see the next update :popcorn:

Glad you like the pictures, hope you don't get bored as there are a load more to come.

I was very impressed with Garry's work on these wings. It could have been only too easy for him to have ground out a bit of rust and filled it up. Much better to get rid of all the rot and start with fresh metal.

fixTj68.jpg

kmvIWiD.jpg

Good news when the wings were removed was that they appear to have never been off before so unlikely that any major bumps or damage in its life with previous owners. Not that easy to get off according to Garry. Didn't look too bad from my sofa.

NHSRuC8.jpg

75CJIsL.jpg

eaUh2ad.jpg

Ghengis said:
Fatboy74 said:

Glad you like the pictures, hope you don't get bored as there are a load more to come.

Definitely not keep them coming :thumb:
My 993 will need similar work so it's of great interest.

Looks as though I'll be doing similar to my front near side wing, engine rebuild will have to come before though and before that a new garage built in order to give space to rebuild the engine ..... Amd my future wife to be has got plans for a loft conversion .... At least there's an agreement that the car comes first, look forward to seeing your finished pictures. You're doing it properly which will last years to come.

So the headlight bowls were done and the front tub was looking a bit rough around the edges. Lots of unexpected work and some which was known such as the windscreen scuttle. More rust extraction to follow.
BJLTNed.jpg

s0QK6BO.jpg

L9YVMkO.jpg

g7QwzOQ.jpg

More metal surgery....
ObzHJaJ.jpg

4ss2yqc.jpg

wyATUXe.jpg

8A95nlR.jpg

N1Zv7or.jpg

What a really great job he has done Thomas . :thumb:

I had always expected a bit more rust than was evident but this was way worse than either Garry or myself were counting on.

ShXkHAN.jpg

JzoLbrg.jpg

0WUzRU7.jpg

iPlbNRp.jpg

9JBxvLI.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back