Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 PSE Exhaust Hack aka the 'Gundo Hack'

Hi - thank you.

Do you have links to those 2? Both sound good.

Hi All,

I'd like to get this done to my 997.2 C2.

I live in south west Wales - can anyone recommend someone not too far away?

Thanks

Any car garage to take the back boxes off , then run them over to any engineering / welding company and show them the pic on first page of this thread :thumb:

Mines getting done this morning :bandit:

Rockunrolla said:
Any car garage to take the back boxes off , then run them over to any engineering / welding company and show them the pic on first page of this thread :thumb:

Mines getting done this morning :bandit:

Thanks for the advice and information.

I'd rather take it to someone that has done it before to be truthful.

How did you get on this morning?
Happy with the result?

Yes all went well , had to dremel off all the bolts and replace with new , went with a 1.5" bypass , first thoughts are that it's maybe a bit too loud but haven't drove it yet so will update Monday , if it is I'll be re doing it for a 1in bypass ,

Attachments

• 42df924d_9ae6_4f6d_9745_a6bbb63001b3_211.jpeg
    42df924d_9ae6_4f6d_9745_a6bbb63001b3_211.jpeg
    426.6 KB · Views: 11,930
Rockunrolla said:
Yes all went well , had to dremel off all the bolts and replace with new , went with a 1.5" bypass , first thoughts are that it's maybe a bit too loud but haven't drove it yet so will update Monday , if it is I'll be re doing it for a 1in bypass ,

Excellent!
Look forward to your thoughts after the weekend.

Hello all,

In preparation for doing my Gundo hack, which bolts and brackets will I need to procure, in anticipation of them breaking or dissolving to dust. Thanks

FYI - I've had mine re done !!!!
The 35mm pipe was far too loud and drony !!
I've had it cut out and a 28mm pipe put in , now much better and same sort of tone and volume as factory sports exhaust 👍

Just had my 4th Gundo done.

Instead of coming to me, this time I drove to Milton Keynes and got Paul (PCW) to do the work at his house (this allowed me to jump the queue by a month).

As always, it was a first class job, perfect welding, buffed up tailpipes, all bolts replaced with stainless etc for £250.

This time I used a Milltek Crossover pipe instead of the fabspeed X-Pipe I had before, and it's much louder, I recorded it at 98db when you blip it.

miltek.jpg

So in conclusion, if you want a first class job, by someone who can come to you and has done literally hundreds of them, go to Paul (PCW Exhausts) and if you have a gen2 and want volume, use crossover pipes instead of an x-pipe.

Les, I also have a Gen2 3.6 with crossover pipe. Did you go for conventional gundo, or the banana?

James M-S said:
Les, I also have a Gen2 3.6 with crossover pipe. Did you go for conventional gundo, or the banana?

I went loud and did the conventional bypass.
The banana mod still uses some of the baffles (like PSE) and is more subtle.

My wife knows when to put the kettle on now as she can hear me from the next street. :eek:

Another option re gundo and banana

James M-S said:

Read this thread through when looking to 'improve' the sound of my 997.2. I went for option 3.

Bought a second pair of rear silencers which were in nice condition and pretty cheap.
Then went with a recommended metal fabricator who is about 30 miles from me. That was not cheap at £300 but they look nice curved pipes etc.

I had read about the option to copy/mimic Porsche sports exhaust. You have the blanked off second exit port nipple on the rear box. You cut that off then have a pipe taken from that port into the existing exit port. Use original size pipework and need to keep it tight in for easier refit. Also make sure you go into the correct pipe as they are different on gen 1 to 2 as Les informed me.

Effectively you are opening up the second exit port from the exhausts rear silencers.

It is personal, but to me a great improvement on original without sounding like a chavvy Tw*Tmobile - no backwards baseball cap needed. It is a little deeper at tickover and louder on higher revs, not dissimilar to cosha PSE.

Been to OPC three times for works services etc since it was done. They suggested things if I wanted their warranty with Porsche (have one with Inchcape) but never mentioned the exhaust work?

I am happy with it even swapped them out myself without taking the bumper off!! Learned a lot if I was to do it again.

Just to let you know there is another option.

Regards
Glen Wells

Glen, I don't suppose you have dimensions for the bent (banana) pipe?

I'm going down the same route as you but without buying a second set of back boxes.

I need to buy the pipes in advance of taking off the exhaust.

Diameter is 1.75" I believe, bend angle 90deg, unsure of other dimensions (length each side of the bend)

Cheers,

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back