Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nick's C2S Modding Thread

Couple of pics. The gearbox out and ready for rebuild and Gripper diff finally arrived and ready to go

gearbox with the diff removed ready, the gear oil was absolutely filthy so they are stripping the rest of the gearbox and cleaning it all up properly due to the contamination

tyinsky said:
What's all that thick gunk? Was that in the case or around the moving parts?

They have stripped the whole gearbox due to contamination from the very dirty oil so as I understand it it was on the case and moving parts. The think gunk is the gearbox oil. Yuk!

Perhaps an MoS2 additive was put in at some time?

Gearbox now completely stripped and assessed. Was beginning to fear major damage with the sludge/contamination but not too bad. Will require a number of bearings to be replaced but nothing worse than that.

From RPM today on the front suspension full lock clearance issue...

"we have worked past the issue of the drop links hitting the struts by fitting adjustable droplinks and modifying some bolts so it all clears so you don't have to worry about any rubbing as we have full clearance..."

Tarett Engineering drop links look the business

Afternoon All,

Quite a bit to update on and some decisions made.

1) Car is now with the Trimmers for the various interior bits and pieces. Decided to have the rear parcel shelf done in black leather too to match the door tops and it needed tidying up as the speaker install was scruffy

2) gearbox is being reassembled having been away for media blasting and re-plating various bits. will be going back in next week

3) decided to delay the engine rebuild until November as I'm 2 months behind schedule and I don't want to miss the whole summer driving the car. Pressing engagement with the Silverstone Classic and Alps roadtrip too good to miss!

4) after much swithering have bought SCART 100 cell cat and Riva backboxes which will be going on the car next week. When I get the engine done it will get custom headers not the whole exhaust

Hopefully picking it up in 2 weeks!

Looking forward to hearing full report Nick!

Those rose joints on the drop links will get chewed up pretty quickly on the road. Some dust boots will make them last much longer.

Endoman said:
Those rose joints on the drop links will get chewed up pretty quickly on the road. Some dust boots will make them last much longer.

Thanks that's a good shout :thumb:

Targeting June 20th for collection. Couple of small updates

SCART exhaust arriving at RPM tomorrow and gearbox mid rebuild.

Having a couple of other small bits tidied up (paint) whilst they have the car.

Going to spend a day there on 13th to drive the car and help dial in suspension settings.

Ridiculously excited now.

Car back at RPM from the trimmers today ready for the fully re-furbed and rebuilt gearbox + diff to go back in. Think they have done an incredible job on the gearbox

Interior - I'm very happy with the result, the quality of the work looks great and the two tone effect is exactly what I wanted. Will be working on the front seats with Colourlock kit when it comes back and I will decide over the summer if that's good enough or if I'm going for folding buckets in chestnut or re-trim the hardbacks. I'm mainly pleased to never have to look at the faded to red, plastic dash top ever again!

IMG_20180601_113702.jpg

....... gorgeous ......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back