Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Damaged shock absorber

Drew1209

Spa-Francorchamps
I've attached a link to the shock absorber in question, I assume this will be of no use. I'm told the shock is still working but surely not.

datfooked

MC

MisterCorn said:
datfooked

MC

Is that German for FUBAR MC :?:

How did you manage to bend it like that Drew :?:

It's a set of coilovers that are for sale and I was thinking about them for my car. H&R set up, I asked the guy a few questions but he didn't say what happened just reckoned the shock was still working, personally I couldn't see how it could be but I've been wrong before. I should imagine the top mount will be toast also.

I've just had a set of h&r coilovers rebuilt by bilstein in leicester. The ones I have use bilstein shock inserts, not sure if this is the case on all the h&r ones. They rebuilt the inernals needed to machine new rods for 3 of mine - cost about 500 quid in total so could be an option if its not badly damaged.

TBH a set of new h&r street performance coilovers is circa 1200 quid so not too much

I'd also wonder how it got like that. Must have taken quite a hit so could be other damage

Good info on the rebuild I would never have given bilstein a thought for rebuilding, it could be a possibility then.

Are yours shocks stamped with H&R ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back