Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

SOLD - Dirty Martini Cayman

I`m chuffed for you Kimbo, lets hope you come up with a long term solution to keep hold of her :grin:

As a side note ( and I think I have asked you this before ) would you be willing to " Rat Wrap " another Porsche, namely my 996.1 :?: I really fancy going down this route and yours is the best that I have seen :grin:

kurlykris said:
I`m chuffed for you Kimbo, lets hope you come up with a long term solution to keep hold of her :grin:

As a side note ( and I think I have asked you this before ) would you be willing to " Rat Wrap " another Porsche, namely my 996.1 :?: I really fancy going down this route and yours is the best that I have seen :grin:
:popcorn: :popcorn: :worship: :clap: gulf or martini Kris

Kim did have a website which doesn't appear to be up at the moment, but was offering this as a service.

Quite fancied having my 993 done (once I'd had a bit of work done (windscreen, scuttle etc) but haven't got round to that yet, let alone anything else.

kurlykris said:

Many thanks Kris. Delighted to wrap your car! :thumb:

Regarding your wrap and in answer to Rob's question, I did set up a website and was ready to offer this service. But once I got into the Red Tape and things like Insurance and Premises, it was a non-starter. I had 3 997 GTS, a couple of Cayennes, Two Mustangs, a 996 and a couple of Boxster's who wanted the Martini works doing. Unfortunatley I had to turn them away.

You have to have Insurance just to sit in a customer's car and move it two feet, plus Insurance if you end up scratching a wheel or scuffing a seat etc.

But the main thing was the disclaimer that every wrapping company makes a customer sign. And that is to the effect of whatever the company sticks onto a customer's car, there is no guarantee that when that sticker/wrap/decal is removed it won't remove some of the lacquer at the same time.

For example, if the customer's car has had a wing resprayed or any part of the car that he didn't know about, there's a chance that the wrap will lift the lacquer. This can also happen even on Factory Paint where the lacquer has not taken properly or maybe there was a stone chip which went through the lacquer and later lifted the area around it. It's a massive minefield of potential upset and disappointment for all concerned.

Without waffling on, I couldn't guarantee that when my wrap was removed, it wouldn't take any lacquer off with it. When you're dealing with someone's pride and joy, the whole thing got too scary so I bottled it.

I would certainly entertain and enjoy doing your car though Kris, but you'd have to be aware of those conditions. Materials are about £200 for the decals, £300 for the rubber paint, and 7 days of my time which you can make me an offer on (!). I'm not greedy. Love to do it though and thanks for your interest. PM me if you'd like to go ahead or a call if you'd like a chat.

Phil, thanks for nearly putting a deal together for me with your friend, much appreciated and sorry it didn't happen this time. :thumb:

Regarding my wraps, the dirt, grime, rust and general decay is all hand-painted or sprayed onto the rubber base, giving a 3D effect, unlike conventional vinyl wraps where all the mud etc is printed on. It's been through a winter and multiple washings and all is still good.

Gold Wheels and Red callipers are wrapped too. I might try Red wheels next. Yellow headlights is a smoke tint spray, which peels off easily like the rest.

:thumb:

Glad yr keeping it Kim
Surprised I've not seen yr lovely cayman around - I wouldn't miss it :thumb:

Cheers Adam. 996 Turbo eh? Wouldn't mind a go in that someday :thumb:

Definitely food for thought Kimbo :D

A little worrying regarding the possible laquer issue if the "wrap" were to be removed :eek:

I was thinking something along the lines of this ( I know it`s not a 996 ) sort of thing :grin:

zkRgz8D.jpg

I do have a few little issues to sort out first, the side skirts need taking off and refitting as the sticky tape that holds them on has passed it`s sell by date after 20 years :sad: But nothing major.

I`m away for Easter, but will get back to you when I`m back to form a possible cunning plan :thumb:

We only live once, right :judge:

kurlykris said:
Definitely food for thought Kimbo :D

A little worrying regarding the possible laquer issue if the "wrap" were to be removed :eek:

I was thinking something along the lines of this ( I know it`s not a 996 ) sort of thing :grin:

zkRgz8D.jpg

I do have a few little issues to sort out first, the side skirts need taking off and refitting as the sticky tape that holds them on has passed it`s sell by date after 20 years :sad: But nothing major.

I`m away for Easter, but will get back to you when I`m back to form a possible cunning plan :thumb:

We only live once, right :judge:

Love the dirty gulf concept Kris :worship: :worship:

Phil 997 said:
Love the dirty gulf concept Kris :worship: :worship:

I thought you would like it Phil :thumb:

It`ll match my trainers :grin:

ohzaxbT.jpg

Back for sale again :sad:

See advert on Pistonheads (link removed by moderator)

£14,500

Kimbo said:
Cheers Adam. 996 Turbo eh? Wouldn't mind a go in that someday :thumb:

No probs Kim

Sorry to hear you're selling again but I know sometimes needs must.
Hopefully you'll be back in a Porsche soon :thumb:

In the words of Daryll Hall and John Oates, She's Gone.

The bullets could be dodged no longer.

Sold to a lovely enthusiastic bloke from Cumbria who bought it over the phone,sight unseen.

Advertised on Ebay, I had over 20 enquiries in a couple of days, and not too many nutters either.

Thanks to you all for your support and words of encouragement.

I hope to doing a similar wrap for a member on here in the near future.
With his permission I'll let you know how it turns out although I hope he'll do that himself.

All the best chaps,
Kimbo

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back