Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dashcam

acamp76144

Hi,

I'm looking to fit a discrete dashcam and am considering a blackvue dr750s. Has anyone else got one fitted?

I wonder why they aren't oem options these days and housed in the back of the rear view mirror display? You can option pretty much anything else!

I think it'll be a while before these are a factory option at Porsche. I have a Ford that has a camera, with an option to fit two more and none of those will work as a dashcam.

I use DDPai cameras that Techmoan recommended a while ago. They have no screens and are fairly discreet.

acamp76144 said:
Hi,

I'm looking to fit a discrete dashcam and am considering a blackvue dr750s. Has anyone else got one fitted?

I wonder why they aren't oem options these days and housed in the back of the rear view mirror display? You can option pretty much anything else!

I think its one of two reasons, the techno of constant recording into sd card is not foolproof and they dont want a lawsuit that it missed an accident. Also it could be seized by police as evidence if mandatory. Its always easier to say it wasnt on or broken or hide the card its stuck on a screen.

Magic919 said:
I think it'll be a while before these are a factory option at Porsche. I have a Ford that has a camera, with an option to fit two more and none of those will work as a dashcam.

I use DDPai cameras that Techmoan recommended a while ago. They have no screens and are fairly discreet.

DDpai looks good, I want a dash cam without the screen. Would prefer a smaller discreet unit in lieu of a screen. Did you install yourself? Powered from USB in glovebox or wired into fuses?

Thanks

acamp76144 said:
Hi,

I have an older version fitted to my car and wired through a Pro-Magic box into the fuse box. This means the camera is on a constant supply for when the car is left but comes out of parking mode when the ignition is turned on. The Pro-Magic also monitors the supply so, if the battery voltage drops too low then it disengages the camera.

The Blackvue unit does exactly what it says and well imho and has been faultless for over 5 years of use. I placed mine in front of the rear view mirror (I don't have a rear facing camera fitted) which is invisible to the driver and well hidden when looking outside. I've attached a picture.

The power wire can be tucked into the edge of the roof lining and driver's side A pillar down to the fuse box.

Hopefully of use.

All the best.

Attachments

• img_1987a_578.jpg
    img_1987a_578.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11,365
Sulz said:
DDpai looks good, I want a dash cam without the screen. Would prefer a smaller discreet unit in lieu of a screen. Did you install yourself? Powered from USB in glovebox or wired into fuses?

Thanks

Yes, DIY fit. Tuck the wire in around the windscreen. I use 12V socket in the footwell via adapter to USB. That's the easy route on a 997 that has no USB in the area.

Brilliant , have ordered one on amazon prime so will be here tomorrow , will install then too.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back