Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Forever Porsche

Lordturpin

I just asked for a quote for a major service on my 2007 997.1 C4 from OPC Hatfield.

They quoted £1091.41, which included the "forever" Porsche discounted labour rate for older cars (standard labour rate is £216 p/h).

They said it included 4.15 hours of labour.

Thought that sounded pretty high still - their website implied £800 before any discount, i assume they just don't want easy routine servicing work that much...

Just the Major Service? Not brake fluid or anything? Paid £695 for that part to OPC Silverstone in November for a turbo!

That was including the brake fluid change....and a Forever Porsche discount...

I can only assume Robin Barsteward now works for Hatfield OPC :eek: thats a ridiculas price , I would phone a few others for comparison :nooo:

Hatfield offer fixed pricing for your 997 ....from £625 for the major and £150 inc VAT for the brake fluid.

Are they quoting for more than this? Plugs, AC etc?

If not find another OPC that does fixed pricing that doesn't state from £...... If it is from £...... it may as well be from £???? if that is the way they play.

My local OPC in contrast charge £505 and £95 inc VAT fixed pricing for the same so may be worth shopping around :thumb:

Hang on - I thought for a minute there you had posted £216ph, are you sure, is this what OPC Porsche charge??

When I had some work done at Porsche Tonbridge it was no where near that !!!

That is just Pants down.... :x

I thought OPC's operated menu pricing - so quite transparent - might be able to get a bit off - I wouldn't expect it to ever be more !

Attachments

• porsche_997_menu_pricing_176.png
    porsche_997_menu_pricing_176.png
    42 KB · Views: 1,975
Major on my turbo was £625 a couple of weeks ago, plus about 100 quid for the fluid change, they did manage to talk me into a geo at £140 while it was there. The plug change as previously mentioned was £750 :sad:

Forgot to say, got 10% off with PCGB discount.

£216/h :eek: :eek: Guess they have to pay for those shiny suits and all those cappuccinos some how!

Daylight robbery if you ask me!

vlad said:
I thought OPC's operated menu pricing - so quite transparent - might be able to get a bit off - I wouldn't expect it to ever be more !

Not all OPC's participate in the fixed price servicing, I know Reading do not thus I believe none of the Porsche Retail Group dealerships do.

Reading offer a reduced labour rate for classics, £156 per hour.

If you want an OPC service shop around for one that does offer the fixed price menu, I know Brooklands do.

crash7 said:
Not all OPC's participate in the fixed price servicing, I know Reading do not thus I believe none of the Porsche Retail Group dealerships do.

Reading offer a reduced labour rate for classics, £156 per hour.

If you want an OPC service shop around for one that does offer the fixed price menu, I know Brooklands do.

:agree:

Call Cambridge :thumbs:

Hatfield are taking the p!$$

They will have someone watching this thread :nooo:

Got an email from them today, in the Porsche script, hurt my eyeballs :oops: so deleted it as soon as I saw it :what:

I can get you a deal at West London if you need/want to :dont know:

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back