Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 996 this week......?

DavidM said:
New spark plugs, oil and filter, 2 x o2 sensors, 997 shift assembly. An underside strip down and Dinitrol treatment. Engine and gearbox mounts next :what:

Did you do the underside treatment yourself? If not, mind me asking how much that cost? Thanks.

I agree Chris, red top on a silver car looks ace

A couple of lads on the 996 facebook group have done it and to be honest I don't like it. Don't get me wrong, I love the red tops on the darker metallic greys but on the Arctic silver doesn't look so nice. I did give it a lot of consideration and thought but in the end Black won.

Yes:

67.jpg

No:

RKejvnZ.jpg

Plus I really like the monochrome look of mine and didn't want to move away from that.

Only colour is the Porsche badges and rear plate.

Minor service and brake fluid change at Porsche centre Sutton Coldfield,
Had Macan for the day, only 320 miles on clock, could be my drive in the future, very impressed

Two new rear tyres😱 Local fitter I trusted supplied at a couple of pounds over blackcircles prices. Noticed all four Tyres wearing slightly more on inner edges, is this normal Porsche set up or doesit need realigning?

grbspeedster said:
Two new rear tyres😱 Local fitter I trusted supplied at a couple of pounds over blackcircles prices. Noticed all four Tyres wearing slightly more on inner edges, is this normal Porsche set up or doesit need realigning?

Speed humps? Do you straddle them, I never do now, especially in the 996.

A new set of blade wipers, the current ones are horrendous!

Next is a full wheel and caliper refurb!

Origional 997 Turbo Wheels

Attachments

• screenshot_20180429_000649_photos_156.jpg
    screenshot_20180429_000649_photos_156.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,471
.... a door inner handle and key(2nd hand) so I can open my car on the key for the first time in 5 years, shame I didn't go for the optional 3 handed monkey to help fit it .
Also 3 litres of the finest Motul 500 for a gearbox oil change, jacking the car up took longer than changing the oil!

A full respray.
It's been a few weeks but I collected it last night. It needs to go back for it's final polish once I've fitted it back up but it's pretty damn nice already.

Will be a long rebuild due to doing housey stuff but hey.
Anyway it's Friday night, the suns out so I'm off to the toon. :cheers:

caterman said:
.... a door inner handle and key(2nd hand) so I can open my car on the key for the first time in 5 years, shame I didn't go for the optional 3 handed monkey to help fit it .
Also 3 litres of the finest Motul 500 for a gearbox oil change, jacking the car up took longer than changing the oil!

Is yours a Tip or Manual? Need to do mine soon I think!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back