Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche West London

991S 911

This service centre has a long history of complaints associated it with it.
Unfortunately I only discovered this after having a bad experience with them and researching a bit more online.

Their charges for parts are triple the price of those quoted by Byfleet- how can this be justified?? London business rates?

Today I was royally ripped off and the Manager there was the most slippery person telling me the final price was computed using 2 hours diagnostics. Infact the diagnostic is a flat fee so why lump it in with the small piece of work completed in 30 minutes? This only became apparent when I insisted on a breakdown of the invoice- since that is the other thing- they do everything over the phone and then present you with a lump sum to be paid. If you want your car back.

Get prices in writing - yes it will delay the return of your car- that is how they frustrate you- but don't give in - insist on a full breakdown showing exactly the works carried out.

They are not to be trusted and have put me off the brand. 10 years of enjoying the cars but if they are the only nearby service centre for most of London then I would rather find another brand. The cars are well made but the service is shite and extremely dodgy on all counts- reliability, service, pricing. I would happily pay a bit more for good service but this is the other way around.

I am considering going to the next Motorshow and handing out leaflets to share this poor experience.

In the meantime these extra funds of customers boost the targets for the year meaning Porsche West London is growing alarmingly fast and soon will be a force to be reckoned with internally- no wonder they get away with treating loyal customers so badly- no one can really take them on. They have just expanded their premises rebuilding a huge centre that will be the biggest in Europe when it is complete in May this year.

That's pi$$ poor. Given you'd hope not no have to be visiting an OPC that much over the course of a year, aren't you in a position to get out to west byfleet and use OPC Brooklands? My experience with them has been nothing like how you describe, quite the contrary.

They have a mega high turn over of staff, at the mo lots of ex bm and audi staff who are not too interested in the brand. They have had a good team in the past but I have also had poor experiences recently. Sadly I live practically across the road but am now using Brooklands. Will keep an eye on it, all it takes is a couple of good staff members to turn things around.

another vote here for Brooklands...I considered West london...but its hard to find anything positive about them!

i did 10 years at an OPC as a Mechanic ..

I watched it change from provideing a service to all about the profit in that time .. finally got fed up being told to find more faults .. constant "Spanish inquisition " on the VHC,s ive done etc etc so i left and went to an indy .

If your not tied to a Porsche Warrenty then seek out a good INDY .. i know 2 south of london that are good .

If in Warrenty then i can recomend OPC Brooklands or Tonbridge .

deMort said:

I watched it change from provideing a service to all about the profit in that time .. finally got fed up being told to find more faults .. constant "Spanish inquisition " on the VHC,s ive done etc etc so i left and went to an indy .

If your not tied to a Porsche Warrenty then seek out a good INDY .. i know 2 south of london that are good .

What are the two good south London indy's you'd recommend? Presumably 9e & ?

I want to get a wheel arch liner replaced & side repeater changed, oil service & possibly wheel refurb. Getting it all done at the same place would be ideal.

dissolved said:

I want to get a wheel arch liner replaced & side repeater changed, oil service & possibly wheel refurb. Getting it all done at the same place would be ideal.

Presicion Porsche are very well regarded and are south of London.

Most of the staff at OPC West London are temps believe it or. They've had the worst performing service department for 20 years. OPC Hatfield not much better.

Try OPC East London and OPC Cambridge - both excellent.

The sales staff at OPC Hatfield are simply dishonest in my experience. New dealer principle Mark Goody appointed but nothing changed and he's been there over 12 month. Still the same old managers in sales who treat their customers with contempt unless getting back handers. I know this first hand as was asked for and paid £500 to a sales guy at OPC West London in 2004. Got the limited car I wanted. Wasn't so prevalent then and I thought nothing of it as values never used to go upwards on GT cars etc.

pzero said:
dissolved said:

Presicion Porsche are very well regarded and are south of London.

Nice one, shall ping them to enquire :thumb:

Callughan911 said:
Sadly I live practically across the road but am now using Brooklands.

Practically neighbours! Same on Brooklands, if I have to use an OPC that's who I use. Fearnsport see the car for everything though :thumb:

Porsche Reading are one to avoid, the absolute worst experience in 30 years of owning cars. 1 day with them = 1 week in a bodyshop.

Seems there a common theme here i.e. Porsche Retail Group.

PWL ripped me off a well, an hour to not find the fault

an hour to enable a tracker but it didn't work (Indy took 2mins and did not charge me)

£120 to balance 4 tyres....etc only 2 had new weights on

but nice coffee

I am sure I posted on here earlier :dont know:

Someone pass me another beer :pc:

:thumb:

deMort said:

:yeah: To date I've used OPC Tonbridge for servicing and never had a problem with either their work or pricing. Haven't used Brooklands for servicing yet but they were really good to deal with recently when I bought my new ride. They've offered to collect and return the GT3 when the next service is due and I'm about 40 miles from them. They clearly understand the value of customer service and they have solid reputation so I'd be comfortable with using them as well as Tonbridge.

What is interesting that Brooklands has only 1 Gold Mechanic yet still gets held in higher regard than other OPC's with multiple Gold Mechanics.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back