Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Speedline wheels

RosieG

Hello All,

So after a long search I bought a 1990 C2 in Marine blue - Chuffed to bits!

Anyway, it came with 18inch Speedline wheels and I want to put the originals back on.

Therefore I need to shift the Speedline's. They are unmarked and have done less than 500 miles with Michelin Pilot's fitted. I cant tell they are replica's but I'm told they are.

My question is what they are worth - Ive really got no idea.

If this should be posted elsewhere please let me know.

Cheers in advance
Rosie

Hi Rosie,

If you can take a good clear pic of the front & rear/inside of the wheel then we should be able to advise on what they are along with their value. :thumb:

C.

Many thanks indeed for the replies. They are coming off this weekend so will take some pics then.

My guess is that they are the Veloce 3.6 version. Although this is purely based on geographics as they seem to be fairly near to where I bought the car!

Ill get some pics up soon.

Many thanks
Guy

Cool.

A quick check of the bolt fixing head on genuine Speedlines is usually the giveaway, Speedlines have the head stamped as shown in the pic attached. :thumb:

C.

Attachments

• bolts1_454.jpg
    bolts1_454.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 4,906
Think the bolts on the veloce are "fake" and made of plastic

cableguy said:
Cool.

A quick check of the bolt fixing head on genuine Speedlines is usually the giveaway, Speedlines have the head stamped as shown in the pic attached. :thumb:

C.

Your bang on, however I have seen original Speedlines with different bolts, these, the originals, are now almost impossible to get hold of and if you need replacements your forced down the generic M7x35 route.

Gazc2 is right in that the Veloce have plastic dummy bolts, however you can also replace these with actual bolts even though it's only for show as the wheel is one piece.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back