Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo for sale

We he's haggled me without seeing it down from 30, however I'm hoping he won't haggle anymore. I have however noticed a slight whining from the front of the car when the revs are low (either moving or stopped).

It isn't someone from the WeBuyAnyCar camp where a price valuation is subject to an inspection - and then that's when the real haggling starts - downwards!

But a whining noise is not good news. A purchaser is very likely to pick this up unless he is an absolute mug and knows f&ck all about 996 Turbo cars.
He may not even ask for it to be put through a PPI.

Strangley there was no whine tonight. Maybe I'm hearing things.

If the buyer has already haggled and not yet seen the car, I think you should assume he will try and chip you again upon inspection. So would definitely go into that discussion knowing what you are prepared to take.....

Personally dont know the value of Turbos, so cant comment on the price. But have bought and sold a lot of cars........

chriscoates81 said:
We he's haggled me without seeing it down from 30, however I'm hoping he won't haggle anymore. I have however noticed a slight whining from the front of the car when the revs are low (either moving or stopped).

Tell him you'll invite him to see the car on the understanding that there will be no more haggling. If he refuses then his 27k offer was never genuine, and if he does then it saves you the hassle that Kingb4 advised

He offered to give me a deposit last night so I think his offer is genuine.

The offer is genuine for sure. I'd be surprised if he doesn't make it conditional on seeing the car in person and an inspection. As a private buyer he has no protection whatsoever. So he'd be crazy if he doesn't know you and the car, to offer a deposit and a purchase price without any conditions.

But it takes all kinds to make a world....

Deposit subject to PPI and agreeing a price are two separate things.

I'd expect him to want to inspect the car/have it inspected before buying BUT having already agreed a price I'd be inclined to tell him to 'take it or leave it'.

chriscoates81 said:
Strangley there was no whine tonight. Maybe I'm hearing things.

The whining might be the brake disc cover rubbing on the disc at low speed. I had that whining noise on mine at low speed, with the cover just needing to be adjusted a fraction to sort. Has been fine for the past 2 years since.

Hi Chris,
£27k offer with the impending work sounds about right to me. I wouldn't go any lower. You may get a thousand more in a couple of months time, but then, something else may need fixing.

I say take his offer.

unfortunately the guy let me down and all my other interest had dried up. I'm toying with accepting 25k, I'm looking towards a v8 m3 now so it would a straight swap almost.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back