Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 Collection from OPC- A couple of things

On the fronts there are 3-4 marks similar. On the rear, only a small mark, less smart repairs I guess. The brakes are scored on the rear, and the fronts all though weathered may be fine. Its going back soon to another dealership local to me for a couple of bits, so I'll have the whole car looked over. I think to get the alloys right they all need sorting and properly for me to be happy.

Demort said:
The brakes look fine to me for a 111 check .

Thats a stone chip that has corroded , fairly common .. it should really have been refurbed prior to sale but to be fair it might have got worse since the 111 check was actually done .

The check was a few days ago, less than 200 miles. The fronts look Ok too?

The discs should 1 mm over minimum thickness in order to pass the 111 point check

I'd of refurbished the alloys.

As an aside I ve just sold a 18 month old 991 with platinum satin wheels, still under manufacturers warranty and the brake dust had pitted the spokes,
Porsche refused a warranty claim and said they wouldn't refurb them if they were selling the car.

So I sent them off to Chris at Exel Wheels

The brakes look ok to me , there is a tool that can measure the actual thickness of the discs but i would put them at less than 50 % worn, not much less but still ok for the check.

You added a picture of the wheels after i had posted .. erm .. yeah .. thats not acceptable .. its a common place for these to suffer .. i suggest you dont put your fingers behind the spokes then roll them forward .. youll probably fine a lot more loose paint if you do .

Alloys definitely needs work. I would not accept that.

mark pearce said:
The discs should 1 mm over minimum thickness in order to pass the 111 point check

I'd of refurbished the alloys.

As an aside I ve just sold a qt month old 991 with platinum satin wheels, still under manufacturers warranty and the brake dust had pitted the spokes,
Porsche refused a warranty claim and said they wouldn't refurb them if they were selling the car.

So I sent them off to Chris at Exel Wheels

Thanks..

Sending alloys off, must be a pain. But looks as if they need sorting properly.

Demort said:
The brakes look ok to me , there is a tool that can measure the actual thickness of the discs but i would put them at less than 50 % worn, not much less but still ok for the check.

Ok Dermort. Thanks, I don't think I will get anywhere with them. The alloys make me a little sad, I've waited so long, and invested a lot of trust into OPC. I guess you live and learn. It's an eight year old car, but will have it detailed, and it will take time, money and saving of course to get it right.

Chris at Excel Wheels will pick up yours wheels and leave you with some others if you need the car in the meantime.

Im sorry but there is no way you should be fobbed off by the opc. That is appaling prep on that car. Imagine taking that into an opc for a part ex, they would rip it apart on value saying it needs all 4 alloys refurbing, stripping back and repainting, and new discs and pads front and rear.
If they try and fob you off let them know the topic is being discussed on here and take it further to customer services.
I guarantee if that went for a service at opc you would be receiving a phone call informing you that you needed new discs and pads sir!!

That is definitely poor prep. I'd be getting on to Porsche HQ if the dealer doesn't want to play ball.

When I bought a used Audi (3.5 years old but £32k Q7) a couple of years back the wheels had been badly refurbed on the car. I insisted that it was below the usual standard of an approved used vehicle. Audi HQ agreed and put pressure on the dealer who messed them up a second time before doing them properly on the third attempt. This wasn't the only issue but they eventually saw it my way. Just stand your ground.

This is one of a number of recent posts by dissatisfied customers who have paid premium OPC prices for cars. Makes you think if prospective purchasers need to have a PPI done on OPC cars from people who know the marque.

I too recently nearly made a bad mistake of overly trusting the Porsche Approved brand. I bought the car unseen, paid full premium, but trusted it would be OK. But is wasn't, the car had several issues. However, the OPC did eventually get everything sorted to my satisfaction, without too much push back. They were keen that I didn't complete the follow up questionnaire that Porsche GB will send you, until they had everything sorted! The OPC really seemed to care about this questionnaire. Just speak to them, raise your points and tell them you are very disappointed in Porsche brand and had been led to believe that their approved cars were a much higher standard hence you paid the premium. They will sort it out if it does not match the Approved standards.
I suspect your brakes are within std, but no way do your alloys fit the Approved std.

You paid top dollar! No way should you pay anything towards getting the wheels sorted! Most standard garages wouldn't sell a premium brand car with wheels like that. Be understanding but firm and clear!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back