Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

à–hlins Fitted to my 993

Although I'm running RS top mounts I think the Rennline ones are much better. I've had one front bearing fail (knock ,knock) and the dust caps are impossible to remove they cross thread so easily I had same problem as Jackal and you need a specially made nut to use them. Chris Franklin @ CoG had them made specially for me. The dust caps are closed and torqued up to hernia inducing proportions. I sliced the tops off making shock removal much easier like the competition cars. If a bearing fails you can't get a new bearing unlike the Rennline ones. If fitting the Pss10s you will need the Rennline top spring collar for the fronts.
Have a chat with Chris or Pete at CoG

Attachments

• img_0060_result_672.jpg
    img_0060_result_672.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 5,791
Re: à–hlins

Barryn said:
Hello

Fortuitous timing, as I have been looking at them over the last two days.

I have around four thousand mile on these now and found them to be excellent, well controlled and certainly not harsh and very well made (as they should be, but for the slight issue below.) currently they are ten clicks out from full hard, and there is over 20 clicks available so set at medium damping level.

I have had some contact with Colt over the last two days as he has been fitting a set and found a clearance issue on full lock. I was unaware of this as well, hadn't noticed a thing :eek:

I certainly couldn't feel any contact, the steering hits the lock stops as it should and is not restricted by the anti roll bar.

40936556584_53812a391b_b.jpg

Colt is currently in contact with à–hlins.

They need a few MM taking off the bottom it seems.

All very interesting indeed: however, that's not a contact mark then - bottom right of the strut in your pic? The edge looks as though it has scuffed on something, but maybe is just some dirt :dont know:

Edited to add: or is that actually a pic of Phil's car ?

looks like Rennlines it is then!

If its just easier and no fabrication needed then that saves hassle also.

I spoke to Steve earlier today actually, he did recommend Rennline mounts or elephant racing but no mention of RS so that might be why!

Great input on this thread and have raised with RPM. Will update as things progress.

This forum is great! Thanks to those who have been in touch :thumb:

Re: à–hlins

All very interesting indeed: however, that's not a contact mark then - bottom right of the strut in your pic? The edge looks as though it has scuffed on something, but maybe is just some dirt :dont know:

Edited to add: or is that actually a pic of Phil's car ?[/quote]

No, that was Barry's.
Mine is in this pic ©Colt

A fair bit of alloy needs removing for clearance on full lock. The master engineer that is Colt spotted this immediately.

No wonder we won the war . . .!
:grin:

Attachments

• img_2535_170.jpg
    img_2535_170.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 5,705
Looking at the above photo - are those standard or RS spec hubs ? that could affect the position of the ball--joint / clearance to damper etc

wfarrell said:
Looking at the above photo - are those standard or RS spec hubs ? that could affect the position of the ball--joint / clearance to damper etc
Standard hubs.

Have there been any developments regarding these dampers for the 993? For example, has the design now been modified?

9xxnick said:
Have there been any developments regarding these dampers for the 993? For example, has the design now been modified?

RPMs workaround was to fit Tarrett droplinks, Ive had no issues in 3500 miles since they were fitted. No info on ohlins making the modification but I know RPM have fitted a couple more sets using the process above.

Cheers

Nick

9xxnick said:

I have now had Ohlins re-engineered prototypes fitted thanks to the good Doctor.

Should be picking the car up next week and will report back
:thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back