Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

new 414hp Cayman R ?

tim993

From a footnote to the piece on the new M2 Competition in this week's Autocar.

...apparently coming soon with the flat six turbo from the Carrera S.

If so, this will be a cracking good car.

I've not found anything on the web, but not searched that hard either.

Anyone know more or different :?:

:dont know:

Was that the magazine version? Can't see that mentioned on the website article about the M2 Competition.

If true, a Cayman R with that sort of HP surely clashes with the idea (by that a mean peoples' postulations) that the next GT4 will be 410 to 420.

Or maybe I was right all along that there will only be a new R in the near future instead of a new GT4. :wink:

I thought it was generally accepted that a FI6 would not fit in a cayster without bodywork modifications, hence the options would be FI4 or detuned NA6 from the GT cars :dont know:

If it counts for anything, this was confirmed to me on Twitter by Autocar's journalist:

Upcoming Boxster Speedster slated to get six-cylinder first. But there are also two Cayman models, the R mentioned here and a proposed GT4 model - both from Andreas Preuninger's GT department, that are also in-line for six-cylinder treatment.

He then corrected Speedster = Spyder

Sounds good to me 🙂

If it's got a 6-pot engine I'd be very surprised if the '718' moniker was attached to it.

Surely the whole 718 thing was to give the 4 cylinder engines some sort of pedigree to help the marketing people. :dont know:

Re this car, I reckon that Boxster R has a better ring to it and any future similar Cayman would be GT4R or even GT4RS.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back