Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Time For A New Pressure Washer

That looks like a newer version of the one I've used for years. The hose drum and the decent length hose make it great for the job. Needs a chunky extension lead if you can't get to a socket nearby.

Magic919 said:
That looks like a newer version of the one I've used for years. The hose drum and the decent length hose make it great for the job. Needs a chunky extension lead if you can't get to a socket nearby.
Thanks for the reply.

Have a heavy duty extension lead. Will go ahead and order the Kranzle.

I would suggest before hitting the buy button you make sure your tap can supply the amount of water needed, the 1152 model hasa 10 litre per minute demand, you can check your supply by timing how long it takes to fill a bucket.

The 1050 model has a 7.5 litre a minute demand and works really well.

Gottans said:
I would suggest before hitting the buy button you make sure your tap can supply the amount of water needed, the 1152 model hasa 10 litre per minute demand, you can check your supply by timing how long it takes to fill a bucket.

The 1050 model has a 7.5 litre a minute demand and works really well.
Thanks. Tap flow measured at 15 litres/minute.

Overkill? It really depends on what you are using it for. I have a £70 washer from Aldi and it's really excellent, much better than the expensive Karcher I had before.

I have an enormous Bosch thing my dad bought years and years ago like this:

https://www.howetools.co.uk/bosch-g...MI45jh-4TQ2gIV65PtCh2MJgBsEAQYBSABEgIE1_D_BwE

It is on its second hose and third lance and keeps going!

Gets used to wash down three big patios and big driveways twice a year, using an aftermarket patio / surface cleaner.

I wouldn't point a pressure washer anywhere near any of my cars, but I know people do.

I just have the basic karcher K2 I think. Had it a couple of years and it is still performing. I got fed up with dragging it around with the hose pipe, lance and extension all getting tied together so I wall mounted it in the garage and fitted a retractable hose. Hose is long enough to clean the patio out the back, drive out the front and the cars. That is all I need it for.

40751026045_e4eff7dc9c_h.jpg

When it dies I will replace it with something nicer... Been thinking about fitting some sort of water filter / softener feeding a storage tank of some kind to feed it with. Idea being it will leave less water marks. Anyone got a solution?

I certainly wouldn't buy a Karcher with the LED display on the lance. Asking for trouble with one of those

After some procrastinating, finally got around to getting on with the task of buying a pressure washer today. I saw Kaercher had a refurb program, but was no keen in their products after the general negative reviews here and back home. Just about to pull the pin on a K5 and thought I'd just check to see if Nilfisk did a refurb program also. Not only do they, it's handled by the same company that Kaercher uses.
The one I bought has a 130bar and 520l/hr flow rate with 2 landed and a snowfosm attachment. £90 delivered. We'll see what it's like when it arrives and report back

Ergonomically better too with the hose entering at the back and high pressure lance out the front, etc.

Good buy. Just goes to show you don't need to.spend £250 for something decent

Looks just like my Lidl one....

:)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back