Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 997 this week?

116618LN said:
Phil 997 said:
116618LN said:
Phil 997 said:
pcbung said:
Phil 997 said:
Got a few more bits colour coded by wicked coatings for the interior :grin: :thumb:

mirror triangles
rectangular bits for under the door speakers
roof light and alien eyes
and for outside the headlight washers

I'd like to see pics when fitted, my c4s has blue hard back seats, Alcantara stitched gator and steering wheel. I'm unsure if getting more bits painted will be OTT or not...

My new body coloured interior bits were fitted today along with the headlight washers. :thumb:

Really liking this look! Interior looks brand new! To bad for me it wont have the same effect with basalt black.

Loving the alcantara touches too Phil :thumbs:

Thanks it has lifted the interior :thumb: you would be surprised how a gloss black either basalt or piano will lift the interior have a look at some of the centre consoles that have been done they look great :thumb: :thumb:

Yeh I would have if I didn't just order a new console and other bits in carbon to replace all the stuff warped and cracked by the sun.

Ah :grin: :grin: in that case you need supertweaks site all the trim bits in a matching to OE carbon weave :thumb: :thumb:

silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Nice work Phil :thumb:

thanks Chris , didnt get my X97 shifter done today the Alcantara arrived but we couldnt get the knob apart anyway we gave up , I contacted Rob on here whos just done his red leather to alcantara X97 knob he told me what to do . bloody alkward but finally got it apart, so back next week to have it retrimmed in alcantara. :thumb:

I can't believe you didn't find out how to do it before lol

The alloy knob will be the finishing touch along with the hand break!

I keep thinking about having a few extra bits painted but I can't even drive it and it's killing me with this lovely weather 😢

:floor: :floor: well I just thought it would pop off like the other OE ones do but no the album ones they thought it would be good to glue the top bit with the gear gate on . fortunailty they must have used chinese glue as it was crap and came off finally . :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Well not for exactly for my 997, fancied some comfy shoes for driving on long trips and got carried away shopping on Amazon :eek:

A bit lary but really comfortable :D

Shoe.jpg

A good clean and a tank of v-power
👍🏻

Attachments

• 00ae077a_4fa2_47c4_9df5_c5e8bdc81155_793.jpeg
    00ae077a_4fa2_47c4_9df5_c5e8bdc81155_793.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 2,549
DucatiRob said:
Well not for exactly for my 997, fancied some comfy shoes for driving on long trips and got carried away shopping on Amazon :eek:

Shoe.jpg

Rob you cant go wrong with lairy mate especially shoes :grin: :grin:

Attachments

• img_2653_184.jpg
    img_2653_184.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 2,514
Phil 997 said:
DucatiRob said:

Shoe.jpg

Rob you cant go wrong with lairy mate especially shoes :grin: :grin:

Haha! I just need the shirt now! :thumb:

Not for the car as such but a canvas for the wall. History of the turbo picture...

Attachments

• 5e9051ea_e3b8_43c4_9229_968962a266a0_594.jpeg
    5e9051ea_e3b8_43c4_9229_968962a266a0_594.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,433
A nifty little Kline. Courtesy of Callughan911 (lovely chap too) :thumb:

Though it didn't go down too well with :thewife:

:oops:

A front end wrap with some new wonder film that's supposedly more resistant to damage and fading etc, Suntek. Very happy with the work, only down side is it shows every little blemish underneath!

Phil 997 said:
pcbung said:
Phil 997 said:
Got a few more bits colour coded by wicked coatings for the interior :grin: :thumb:

mirror triangles

I'd like to see pics when fitted, my c4s has blue hard back seats, Alcantara stitched gator and steering wheel. I'm unsure if getting more bits painted will be OTT or not...

My new body coloured interior bits were fitted today along with the headlight washers. :thumb:

Hi Phil, looking good mate, looking good!!!! :thumb:

J

-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:
pcbung said:
Phil 997 said:

mirror triangles

Hi Phil, looking good mate, looking good!!!! :thumb:

J

Thanks mate, what do you think of the little bit under the door speakers as we have discussed that quite a bit before I did it as to whether it might be a step too far . :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
pcbung said:
Phil 997 said:

mirror triangles

Sorry Phil when I first saw what you were doing I thought that will look really ***** :eek:
But fitted I could not be more wrong, I think it helps that the colour and finish of the parts is bob on, just really really good ! :worship:

weebz said:
James M-S said:
Main Force Patrol said:
A Yosh airvent and magnetic iPhone holder 8)

Fed up looking down at my iPhone while it winks at me from the passenger floor ( and it's always just out of reach, so you have to stop the car ! :grin: )

Can you give feedback on this please. I have a kenu airframe vent clip which makes the vent (and phone) point down, this may be the weight of iPhone 6 or I just have floppy vents.

I find a small felt self adhesive pad on the rear of my Kenu Airframe works great to keep the screen upright (iPhone 7+) as the pad rests on the vent adjuster :D

Think the 997 just has weak vents tbh, (of just there's nothing for the phone to rest against) was never a problem in the 996

Sorry for the delay in replying....
So fittted the magnetic circle to the back of my actual Apple 5S, the magnetic circle actually goes over a plastic see through circle for easy removal later. I put the phone cover back on, over the new magnetic circle. My kit came with 2 sets of circles. The 'puck' I plonked on the vents, and the construction was very solid, someone with an eye for engineering design had a hand in the 'puck' design. Used it for about 3/4 days now, it's ace ! It assumes your vents aren't very flappy ( knackered ) but because it sits quite hard into the attaching vent and rests firm on the immediate vent above and below I can imagine it still works. From a magnetic strength perspective, I would say you could hang a bigger phone than the 5s. Overall £6.90 for a great piece of kit, I'm just going to buy one for my wife :D

Main Force Patrol said:
Phil 997 said:
pcbung said:
Phil 997 said:

mirror triangles

Sorry Phil when I first saw what you were doing I thought that will look really ***** :eek:
But fitted I could not be more wrong, I think it helps that the colour and finish of the parts is bob on, just really really good ! :worship:

thanks mate, you werent the only one :grin: I always buy the bits either new or off ebay just incase any part of what I do I think OMG no . then I can put it back using the original part. I wasnt entirelly sure it would work as what looks good in one colour may not in another colour . but I was pleased that it all came together nicely. Still debating whether the galvarno silver dash trim in aqua might be a step too far , I have it all used brought off ebay ready to paint bit still deciding :grin: :grin:

Wicked coatings finishes are spot on , they wont accept anything less as they work on very high end jobs saw some bugatti stuff being done for a show while I was down there , and my bits were rejected by their QA the first time and had to be redone :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Main Force Patrol said:
Phil 997 said:
pcbung said:
Phil 997 said:

mirror triangles

thanks mate, you werent the only one :grin: I always buy the bits either new or off ebay just incase any part of what I do I think OMG no . then I can put it back using the original part. I wasnt entirelly sure it would work as what looks good in one colour may not in another colour . but I was pleased that it all came together nicely. Still debating whether the galvarno silver dash trim in aqua might be a step too far , I have it all used brought off ebay ready to paint bit still deciding :grin: :grin:

Wicked coatings finishes are spot on , they wont accept anything less as they work on very high end jobs saw some bugatti stuff being done for a show while I was down there , and my bits were rejected by their QA the first time and had to be redone :thumb:

There's a horrible line between 'less is more' and 'just too much'
One of the cool things about these mods is you can dial them up and down
As your mince pies tell you :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back