Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Roof Bars - Roof Mountings - Which Parts?

jonindorset

I want to fit roof bars to my MY98 coupe (no sunroof) and am aware that I'm going to need to dig out the existing bar mounting plastics in order to fit them. The plastic grub screws are falling apart, they will probably need to removing by dropping the roof lining.

I understand that the 996.2 roof bar mounting brackets are a direct fit and far higher quality. Have any of you done this? Do you have the part numbers please?

Yes as described by the link.

The plates are 996 504 911 00 and should be £22 each inc vat from your local OPC. Remember to ask for a discount!

However I did not know this 5 years ago..... My MY99 grub screws were rusted solid, never been out. I removed the mounts (I didn't drop headliner, just the trim) and drilled them out and re-tapped.

I now use greased up stainless grub screws.

But new ones for £90 would have saved a fun afternoons entertainment.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back