Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Emergency engine lid release

AP90

Nurburgring
So I went to pull the engine lid release and it just came loose

I checked behind both rear lights and no cable

Does anyone know where or if there's an emergency cable on my car It's 96 C2 VR?

Many thanks

Ash

Thanks Endoman

Mine has no Auxiliary release

Really easily solved, raised spoiler and the lid release is clearly seen, accessed and popped using a long rod, took 2 mins and I thought I was in for a major....

This happened late last night having done a look over the engine area for mouse damage........there was quite a bit......

Not good news. Seem to remember a vet on here that had a rat in his engine compartment. Do wear gloves and a mask while removing the detritus, hope not too much damage is done. We keep bird seed in the garage they seem to prefer that to electrical insulatiom but liked an old air filter enclosure for a nest.

Well the small fella has only eaten the insulation it seems so I appear to have got off lightly

He has chewed some holes in the distributor vent hose and has also partly stripped one HT lead at the spark plug holder which is a real drag

And you're correct a small amount of grub will keep them away from cars

I had some living in my old garage during the winter, I used to feed them and I had no problems

There is no food in the new joint and I'm pretty sure that's the issue although many would disagree

Attachments

• img_2212_432.jpg
    img_2212_432.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,716
  • img_2213_159.jpg
    img_2213_159.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,716

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel