Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Let's see your front number plate mountings

FZP said:
Go nude but buy the stick on plate and keep it in your glove box. If you get pulled over, tell them you're waiting for the paint to cure before you stock it on :bandit:

My number plate fell off and I have not noticed for I am not sure how long.

Not that I have used it much in the pants weather, but no one has said anything or noticed

galahad said:
I removed the plate holder and then screwed a cut down plate tight so it follows the shape of the front bumper. It angles down slightly which I thought would offend my OCD but I think it looks great.

24669951568_35b4db8420_b.jpg

That does look great galahad :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Excellent inspiration - thank you ALL!

You have however not made it any easier haha - they all look great!

For those running the plinths - do these come in short and standard lengths? And do both types screw into the bumper?

I have a 7 letter reg so like the thought of trimming the edges if I can get away with it legally.

decisions decisions :dont know:

aerokit said:

For those running the plinths - do these come in short and standard lengths? And do both types screw into the bumper?

I have a 7 letter reg so like the thought of trimming the edges if I can get away with it legally.

Did you manage to find a shortened plinth?

You could fit a US type plinth, but would have to trim the height. I do know somewhere that has some in stock if you wanted to go this route.

Rags said:
aerokit said:

Did you manage to find a shortened plinth?

Morning!
I didn't (mainly because I got diverted onto other things at the time and distracted from the cause :dont know:)

It's still on my list of things to do.

Do we know what sort of dimensions the shortened plinth is? My brother has got a 3d printer recently so could perhaps ask him to knock one up as a test piece perhaps?

Stick on for me :D

Attachments

• d21d66eb_3ac6_4a15_bd71_7ad4d810a66c_444.jpeg
    d21d66eb_3ac6_4a15_bd71_7ad4d810a66c_444.jpeg
    344.3 KB · Views: 1,528

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back