Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

CLR Project Leichtbau: adding lightness to the tune of 250kg

That's great news mate. Looking at your designs and what you've achieved I never doubted why they wouldn't pass. Much thought and effort has gone in to what you've done and seeing what you've designed compared to some other designs on (German) cars out there, they wipe the floor with them.

Excellent news, just excellent!!

I'll send you some crumpet! :thumb: :grin:

!!!!Well done!!!!!

:worship: :thumb: 8) :lol: :thumbs:

Congrats Richard! Onwards and upwards... we'll done for having the conviction, courage and tenacity to see it through - your work will help countless enthusiasts enjoy their 996 to the max!
Cheers,
Ryan

Fantastic news, must be massive weight off your shoulders, to have your designs, work and quality passed with out changes or modification is a huge achievement.
Now to make some money out of it :goodjob:

Sorry guys I've been absolutely flat with so many things only getting about 4 hours sleep a night for the last month or so.
Truly grateful to hear you all pass on so many encouraging messages ;)

So the main reason I've been busy was to sort out the garage. Well just now I finally finished the 4 poster set-up and a few other big jobs in the man-cave. I still have to install a custom 5m wide garage door and sort out some work shop cabinets but the rest is pretty much done now. I've got to get some sleep now but here are a few pictures of the work so far:

39406327880_a885c935f2_k.jpg

40319898535_1dd73ff859_h.jpg

40319897625_e136bfb1a2_b.jpg

40319897235_60c34010d5_h.jpg

40319896345_78d9d4a3f6_h.jpg

39406341590_1bfd551407_k.jpg

39406338820_5cf8ef15ab_k.jpg

39406334030_a21968f1e9_k.jpg

39406332300_d625be0879_k.jpg

40319895775_bd2b46a60d_k.jpg

Still hard at it then Rich!
I thought you may have been having a well earned break, since the thread was so quiet. No such luck eh.

Good job on the lift. Excellent. :thumb:

Has the 997 not gone then? Or are the pics a few weeks old?

Marky911 said:
Still hard at it then Rich!
I thought you may have been having a well earned break, since the thread was so quiet. No such luck eh.

Good job on the lift. Excellent. :thumb:

Has the 997 not gone then? Or are the pics a few weeks old?

Hi Marky, the last picture was taken 5mins before I posted. The guy is flying over to collect the 997 towards the end of this month, then driving it to Sweden for a track day before driving it home to Oslo. Top draw first day of ownership in my book ;)

Funny thing is we did have a little break for 3 or 4 days for my 40th but ended up doing Jerez, Tarifa, Gibralta, Seville... all in this short space of time, so it was just as tiring as being at home :grin:

That sounds like my type of trip. Very nice. 8)
Oh and a belated happy birthday. Same age as me.

Good that the 997 is going then, well good and bad I'm sure, but it allows you to crack on and focus.
And yes that'll be a great first days ownership. The lucky chap.

As ever I look forward to seeing the next chapter of your journey. :thumb:

Thanks Marky, the next chapter might end up being a bit of a horror story.

I haven't been able to touch the car for a while now as I've had to build the garage. I also have a new job which is a bit of a monster so no time at all. All the serious garage work now complete though thankfully.
40724766255_b5ad42fd2b_k.jpg

Also the RS went the other day :sad: In the end he couldn't make it over so it was transported to him:
27747265108_221af8ed64_h.jpg

Whilst building the garage I did notice a very strange noise from the enigine upon turing it over on one occasion and also the oil pressure gauge remained at 0BAR. Then after 10sec or so it gradually rose to 2BAR (normally 4 or 5BAR at cold idle. When revving the Oil px gauge also barely responded. So for the first time in a while I had the chance to work on the car yesterday and also try out the new 4 poster. I had already ordered a new oil pressure sensor as I'm hoping it is only that, if not the engine will have to come out for a rebuild (may aswell convert to a monster if I end up having to take this route). Getting the old sensor out turned out a bit of a faff so I ended up making a new tool that got it out. Also added a few other pics to show how I got access, in case anyone else ever has to replace one:

Access is tight:
40724770615_a4735734ca_h.jpg

Hence me having to chop up a perfectly good spanner:
40724769125_a0809d48e2_h.jpg

And here is how I gained access between the inlet manifold:
40724767635_953bea979d_h.jpg

Unfortunately I then found out the oil pressure sensor that I ordered has a different thread so I am now stuck until the correct one arrives...
40724771605_2d00df2afb_h.jpg

I've got fingers crossed for you ELA. Hope it'll be OK.

Its quite easy to access the oil pressure switch from underneath the car using a crows foot spanner head on several socket drive extensions....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crows-Fo...604590?hash=item5d532fde6e:g:PLcAAOSwD39acaJZ

Link to ebay example above.

By the way..... Are your wheels made by Fuchs or Braid or someone else? PM if req.

Many thanks Jim

Thanks James, I couldn't find my crows feet adaptors so had to find an alternative solution. I've now just ordered some more though. The wheels are genuine Fuchs. In RSR paint finish they may still be having problems though (the machine they use for this finish was broken for over a year and they didn't have a solution). Hopefully by now this is resolved.

Should have known you'd be all over that!

Cheers for info. Your old 200 cell cats still sound awesome by the way.....

Good luck with the engine, cheers

Bad news about the oil pressure sensor, mine needs doing too. Must get some sort of lift so I can get underneath. I don't have room for the fancy 4 post type though.

Mike

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back