Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 996 this week......?

image.jpg

I think I may repaint them later in the year, a dull gold or antique bronze? They'll do for now though :D

Sent all my wheels off for refurb. Car is currently balanced slightly precariously on blocks of wood in the garage waiting for them to come back.

car failed MOT on £12 piece of metal broken, which "prevented securing rear seats in upright position". So that's bought from Porsche, £17 total (plastic cover also broken)

Purchased this week: front control arms, coffin arms, drop links, arb bushes and track rod ends. Going for a full front end refresh.

I keep wondering if I should do the rear as well, but I think I'd like to see what difference it makes doing the front. All of the rear bushes are supposedly ok.

I'll work it out over a beer or two.

Fast Bug said:
Rear wiper delete kit

Phil does that trim restorer work when the scuttle is now a grey colour?

That'll make it go faster :floor: :floor: :floor:

Cheap Chinese LED rear number plate lights of ebay and they are actually really quite good..
.. Oh and the correct RUF springs, not bought but exchanged for the incorrect ones they sent me - thanks Yas.SYC4S :thumb:
(At least no one put up a fight :lol: )

I bought a secondhand window regulator as the window wouldn't go up. I'll do a write up on Monday but nothing which hasn't been said before. Test drive afterwards just to be sure.

MC

A new seat button, rear arb bushes and a headlight removal tool! Thanks to Porsche wilmslow for a little gift in the post!

Attachments

• imag20180411094753_172.jpg
    imag20180411094753_172.jpg
    924.6 KB · Views: 4,376
C4-STORM said:
Fast Bug said:
Rear wiper delete kit

Phil does that trim restorer work when the scuttle is now a grey colour?

That'll make it go faster :floor: :floor: :floor:

I even emptied the door pockets, that and the wiper delete is worth an extra 10 brake at least :mrgreen:

New MOT today so all set for the good weather should it return 8)

Just one advisory to say that the rear tyres are wearing unevenly with greater wear on the inner edges. Looks like the geo's might need doing again in the near future.

New spark plugs, oil and filter, 2 x o2 sensors, 997 shift assembly. An underside strip down and Dinitrol treatment. Engine and gearbox mounts next :what:

Wow Alex - that is cheap. Can you do me a favour and let me know what it's like when fitted etc. I've been looking at soft tops for a while.!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back