Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Private plate P911 ***

evo_ac

Private plate P911 KYO I know you like a private plate sale on here so thought I would put mine up think it's worth thousands maybe millions but I only want £750 but open to offers cheers

Car now sold this is just sitting here and i want gone open to offers

Sounds knock out chum. GLWTS just shave a few carrots off nearer to a monkey :thumb:

Does "knock yourself out" still mean the same thing or is it now a chave euphemism for yanking plank?

I thought that was 'knocking one out' Alex......

I have a P911 *** plate. Easy as pie to get.

Assuming yours is not taken, you can get your own P911 *** direct from the DVLA - should cost about £350, from memory.

How to do it:

Email them to confirm your dream plate is not in use
Express an interest in buying it
They will list it for an online auction (unless its super-cool)
When it comes on-line, DO NOT bid for it until the last day or so (see below).
Finally stick in your bid.
Assuming no-one else bids, you pay £250 + odds and ends to make it up to about £350.

I made the mistake of bidding early. When I went back a week later (they are on for about 3 weeks in total), there had been a counter-bid to £500. There happened to be another plate with my initials (not the one I wanted) but nobody had bid on it. I took this to mean that there are traders looking for registrations that people are interested in, and try to buy (with a view to selling on later). I am sure that if I had not bid so early, the other bidder would not have tried to outbid me with a measly bid, and I would have got it for the start price.

You live and learn.

Should say - you could also get P997 *** or P996 *** if you wanted, but not quite as future-proof as P911

Not sure whether you will get a plate in time for Christmas, though...

Rich

rickprice said:

Assuming yours is not taken, you can get your own P911 *** direct from the DVLA - should cost about £350, from memory.

How to do it:

Assuming no-one else bids, you pay £250 + odds and ends to make it up to about £350.

I made the mistake of bidding early. When I went back a week later (they are on for about 3 weeks in total), there had been a counter-bid to £500. There happened to be another plate with my initials (not the one I wanted) but nobody had bid on it. I took this to mean that there are traders looking for registrations that people are interested in, and try to buy (with a view to selling on later). I am sure that if I had not bid so early, the other bidder would not have tried to outbid me with a measly bid, and I would have got it for the start price.

You live and learn.

Should say - you could also get P997 *** or P996 *** if you wanted, but not quite as future-proof as P911

Rich

Thank you for this, just got a reply back from them and the wheels are now in motion for my plate to go to auction in the next 3 months!

I did the same when I ordered my 718. I already have P911 TOM and wanted P718 TOM to match. Unfortunately though if your desired plate is likely to be desirable to someone else people will bid on it!

Its just my initials so hopefully wont stand out to anyone else although it seems that anything with 911 in the title attracts bids.

Did DVLA ever release BE11 END :dont know:

rickprice said:

How to do it:

You live and learn.

Rich

Did this! Got a P911 reg listed with my initials, bidding started at £130, it had a few bids in the first couple of days, up to £350 on the last day and eventually went for £740 (£1050 including fees vAT etc), more than I wanted to pay!

Really p'd off to see it listed almost immediately on regtransfers.co.uk for £2.5k +VAT :eek: :gunfire: :gunfire:

They have quite a few P911s advertised from £800+VAT

When I enquired about the availability of the plate I wanted, I checked out another couple and they were available for listing, but they would almost certainly go for more than the one I chose if traders are there waiting to snap them up! :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back