Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sun's out Guns out- Porsche Galore

Yep baseball cap and factor 15 in the glove box :thumb:

What's factor 15?

I just drive faster......like when it rains so you don't get wet. :dont know:

That's a thought.......if you drove at the speed of light, would it prevent you from getting burnt?

And on another side note.......you're gonna love this Frank. I was out tonight with a mate who's owned a few VW Karmann Ghias. He stopped counting a few years ago after 200!! :eek:

26.C here this week but sadly the sun was defo not shining for me yesterday.
:sad:
40862497494_0dfc5643b7_h.jpg

Ahh Belmont

kas750 said:
Joe and me had a drive over Belmont earlier

I have driven over Belmont so many times, in all sorts of cars and all sorts of weather. Great memories and a great little twisty road and a fabulous area to drive around in by all the reservoirs before a pint sat outside the black dog watching all the cars go by.

Sadly my 993 is in storage as I am working away but the storage company got the car out and sent me some pics so here's one I really like.

Attachments

• porsche_4_207.jpg
    porsche_4_207.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 2,694
Being a Friday, I hope you guys get your cars out for an extra days running this week. Some lively pics there team.
At best I may get to wash mine. Kitchen installers onsite all week limits any weekday jollies this week.

I had mine out yesterday. You can't beat a cab when the sun is out!

I decided to have a blast over the tops in Macclesfield. The only snag was that I got caught up behind 3 HGV's and did most of the trip at 30mph!

There was a lovely 991.2 Turbo in a vivid green three cars back.

I hit a milestone whilst on my travels :sad:

Attachments

• img_0744web_123.jpg
    img_0744web_123.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 2,659
jotaking said:
I had mine out yesterday. You can't beat a cab when the sun is out!

I decided to have a blast over the tops in Macclesfield. The only snag was that I got caught up behind 3 HGV's and did most of the trip at 30mph!

There was a lovely 991.2 Turbo in a vivid green three cars back.

I hit a milestone whilst on my travels :sad:
I mentioned old mate earlier in the thread driving a DB9 Volante who was doing maybe 60. Does having the roof down encourage you to drive a little more sedately? Or doesn't make a diff?

Roof off....means the beanz.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a speed demon and/or a reckless driver. I only put my foot in when the roads are clear and it is super safe. Most of the time I have my kids in the back so it doesn't see the redline much.

That said, I am not sure if this is just me?

I always seem to end up behind a Ford Focus, Mondeo or other souless motor; where the driver decides that they want to practice their highway code to the letter! I find it really frustrating!!

Re: Ahh Belmont

2oldn2slow said:
...the storage company got the car out and sent me some pics

Yeah, saw that out and about doing burn outs :floor:

:thumb:

Beautiful weather so drove the 944T in to work again this morning.. love this thing!

2kr5gk.jpg

mw4qhv.jpg

944T Works for me :thumb:

Always loved these as a kid and IMHO they haven't aged a bit. Still look great!

What is the drive and performance like?

jotaking said:
944T Works for me :thumb:

Always loved these as a kid and IMHO they haven't aged a bit. Still look great!

What is the drive and performance like?

Performance wise it feels very fast above 4k revs where power arrives like a light switch being turned on. Feels very fast from there onwards but still nice and quick below. Nice and light. Brakes are superb. Handles like a dream. It's rare which I like and in this original colour combo it was the one :thumb:

23hx4xy.png

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back