Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 going to auction

i noticed that gap, its awful, the gaps on my fraction of the price sc 3.0 are far better,

its fantasy money for a nice car.

I've bought a car from them last year. They tend to put a low guide price, the one I bought was almost double the guide. I'm genuinely interested in this one if anyone knows the background on it?

But they've just posted a nice looking 930 turbo no reserve.

Load of Porsches sold in the US last week at auction including some 993s, mainly RSs, Turbos and special cars.

See https://k500.com/downloads/K500-amelia-sales-2018-results.pdf

The big-money 993 RS was Riviera Blue - only one in US or something.

Confident market, out $72.3m, $24.8m were Porsches. Sell-through by number 89%.

stevewak said:
The big-money 993 RS was Riviera Blue - only one in US or something.

Attachments

• blue_993rs_114.jpg
    blue_993rs_114.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 7,606
^^ it did go for a fair old whack, $715,000 not sure whether that included fees, never the less a massive sum! Not the only one in the US, but the only riviera one with electrically adjusted heated front sports seats fitted from factory :? Also very low mileage at 12K kms. Until they reach 25 years old, the US will only allow import on a show car license. 8)

NottsRS said:
Until they reach 25 years old, the US will only allow import on a show car license. 8)

So presumably when they do, prices will rise further out of reach for mere mortals :sad:

It will certainly make importing them to the US slightly easier as over 25years old they don't need to conform to strict safety and emissions standards. At the minute there's plenty of red tape to negotiate, with possible modifications required before being considered.

As for the prices will have to see what 2020/21 brings...

NottsRS said:
^^ it did go for a fair old whack, $715,000 not sure whether that included fees, never the less a massive sum! Not the only one in the US, but the only riviera one with electrically adjusted heated front sports seats fitted from factory :? Also very low mileage at 12K kms. Until they reach 25 years old, the US will only allow import on a show car license. 8)

$715k included auction buyer's premium of 10%. Will be local taxes on top of that. Maybe 5% if staying in US.

The 4S sold for £62540 including commission.

£62540 for a 4S still seems a lot, when you can buy a much better condition 4 with what (to my eyes at least) are more desirable colour / interior combinations for less!

Anyhow, maybe the rose-tinting is not just in the specs, but for real???

I'd say that's bang on the money for a WB 4S in a common colour at those miles.

Why on earth you would mention in the advert that it had a Peter Morgan report in 2005... 13 years ago... is beyond me!!!

C.

bang on the money if you bought one 6 years ago, and you still have it,

or a silly price to pay for a nice car today.

to spend that much on a car, at an auction, with no test drive, no starting it up, no getting it up on ramps, is really, really silly,

i see it every year at Silverstone, people just taking someone elses word on its condition.

993 C4S
£65k
That rear spoiler makes the car.
Bargain.
How long till it reappears in a dealer at £99,995 ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back