Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

North coast 500

JonnyBaddeley said:
Brilliant trip this is. I'd recommend doing the old military road towards Balmoral before heading over to Aviemore and then Loch Ness. You can do a great drive around here before arriving at Inverness. Check out Henry Catchpoles Old Military Road video on YouTube.

Absolutely this. Aberdeen to Aviemore via the Lecht ski resort. Did it in late July/early August last summer. Saw less than 10 cars in 100 miles.

Just got back from the NC500 today, took a steady week to complete.

We did the route anticlockwise but the first leg was from Dumfries (met up with an old mate) to Inverness via the Old Military Road, which was superb up their with the best roads i've driven in Europe or the USA.

Our stopovers were Inverness, Wick, Tongue, Braemore, Lochalsh and Fort William.

Weather was superb, a mixture of cloudy, sunny and a little rain too.

Roads were pretty empty, i wouldn't like to do it in the height of summer.

Scenery was breathtaking, the photos we took don't do it justice.

Met a friendly stag too !

Scotland is a beautiful country its a must for your bucket list.

996 was faultless 1602 miles avg 27.7mpg

IMG_5001 by Nethers66, on Flickr

James M-S said:
JonnyBaddeley said:
Brilliant trip this is. I'd recommend doing the old military road towards Balmoral before heading over to Aviemore and then Loch Ness. You can do a great drive around here before arriving at Inverness. Check out Henry Catchpoles Old Military Road video on YouTube.

Absolutely this. Aberdeen to Aviemore via the Lecht ski resort. Did it in late July/early August last summer. Saw less than 10 cars in 100 miles.

Blairgowrie to Braemar my fav bit of road then many options on how to get to Inverness.

If you need any pointers Keith drop me a note once you have your route figured out

Gaz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back