Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Time to 'fess up, how many miles you done this year?

1,152 miles in the last 12 months, need to do more as I'm getting pressure from The Bint indoors to sell as it's spends too much time in the garage 😯 :eek:

This is my first 911, bought it the end of May last year (17) with 55300 on the clock, it now has 57300ish...
I love driving the car but don't really want to add to many more miles onto it.
I should add that I also have two other cars and a up and coming classic motorbike to use as well... I only need my transport twice a week for work as I get free travel for the other few days that I work, I tend to drive to work which is a few miles each way just to use any of the above cars, and I always go the long way round in the 911 just so that it warms up a bit.
Most would say that its a waste but that's the way it is.
I have my 911 and as from this week I'm seriously thinking of saving for a turbo now as I am now a few £'s better of each month as I have now paid off my mortgage :)

Bottom line 2K for me :what:

Swampy said:
This is my first 911, bought it the end of May last year (17) with 55300 on the clock, it now has 57300ish...
I love driving the car but don't really want to add to many more miles onto it.
I should add that I also have two other cars and a up and coming classic motorbike to use as well... I only need my transport twice a week for work as I get free travel for the other few days that I work, I tend to drive to work which is a few miles each way just to use any of the above cars, and I always go the long way round in the 911 just so that it warms up a bit.
Most would say that its a waste but that's the way it is.
I have my 911 and as from this week I'm seriously thinking of saving for a turbo now as I am now a few £'s better of each month as I have now paid off my mortgage :)

Bottom line 2K for me :what:

Attachments

• the_3_132.png
    the_3_132.png
    2 MB · Views: 5,371
Had mot this morning and was shocked to see I only did 97 miles last year.
Was intending to use it more...... Oh well can do lots more this year

Swampy, is that a plastic rat Robin Rialto next to the 993 :dont know: From a handling perspective which is the better drive :?:

Zingari said:
Swampy, is that a plastic rat Robin Rialto next to the 993 :dont know: From a handling perspective which is the better drive :?:

Zingari, it's a Reliant Robin, along side a 997/2, both completely opposite to each other. One made for speed,looks & handling the other has a Porsche badge stuck on the bonnet :-0
No I do believe I may of got confused a wee bit.
Anyway the Reliant handles fine, well provided you don't push it and on a positive note, it won't rust :floor:

Williams Crawford and back, I'm embarrassed to admit

All in all just under 2000.

Am a bit of a stress head over getting it dirty which is a bit sad.
But off to Scotland in it the weekend to do the 500 loop.
That should add 1500 miles on it by the time I get home and it will be filthy. :sad: :sad:

1700 since September

MOT due on Friday, and almost exactly 2000 miles since last MOT (6th May last year). Over 1600 of that was trips to Le Mans and back and Spa and back so hardly drove it really.

Circa 2200 I do use it but obviously not as much as some do.

Got a month to go to my next ITV (Spanish MOT) and I've done just over 2600Kms. Expect to do at least another 500 before I take it for the test. I usually do about 3000-3500 Kms a year. I know I should do more but.... no excuse :wack:

ATB :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back