Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cut down front plate

galahad said:
I have a 5 digit reg and usually have cut down (circa 330mm width) plates on my cars. On the 996 it'll fit fine on the rear, but on the front would look pants due to the 430mm wide plate holder.

I have the 430mm plate holder too, did think about not fitting it but decided against the sticker route.

I have surfed the interweb and eBay but I can't find a company that will cut the plate to exactly the size that I want :pc:

I need 17-18" x 4". Normal plastic or metal plates. Just the front, rear can be std size :thumbs:

Any leads resulting in the purchase of said plates will be rewarded with beer/tea/bacon :thumb:

just out of interest and not knowing as much about the 996 as the 997 for the 997 there is a USA spec number plate plinth that is 300mm long and ideal for shorter number plates eg 330mm , there are 4 different styles of plinth avail for the 997 Euro, USA , Japan , and one other they all differ in length and width they are all also avail in the GT3 bumper shape plinth . is this not avail for the 996 :?:

HSC911 said:
galahad said:
I have a 5 digit reg and usually have cut down (circa 330mm width) plates on my cars. On the 996 it'll fit fine on the rear, but on the front would look pants due to the 430mm wide plate holder.

I have the 430mm plate holder too, did think about not fitting it but decided against the sticker route.

I have surfed the interweb and eBay but I can't find a company that will cut the plate to exactly the size that I want :pc:

I need 17-18" x 4". Normal plastic or metal plates. Just the front, rear can be std size :thumbs:

Any leads resulting in the purchase of said plates will be rewarded with beer/tea/bacon :thumb:

Have sent you a PM

HSC911 said:

Fancyplates will do a custom size you tell 'em and they'll make 'em :thumb: It looks like its +£3 for custom sizing

PM received, thanks :thumbs:

Stuck one on now Phil, it's the 17" one :sad:

Will try Fancy, thanks Z :D

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back