Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sport Design Steering Wheel

spongebob squarepants said:
Richtw said:
Following this thread - can someone give me a part number for a sports design wheel with paddles that will retrofit a 997 gen2 pdk? Black leather?

As per the OP the actual part number for a gen 2 997 is on back order with no delivery date so what I am asking is if there is a part number currently available that will fit?

Rich see below, fitted this over weekend. I believe the 60 at the end is just the lights on the wheel, (normally 59). This wheel came from a 991 turbo and fitted straight onto my 997.2 PDK. Problem is from an OPC they will say it doesn't fit!

Hero,

I read something about different ones for cars with launch control, is this true?

I've a 997.2 PDK with sports chrono, i guess the same part number should work right?

neil_911 said:
spongebob squarepants said:
Richtw said:
Following this thread - can someone give me a part number for a sports design wheel with paddles that will retrofit a 997 gen2 pdk? Black leather?

As per the OP the actual part number for a gen 2 997 is on back order with no delivery date so what I am asking is if there is a part number currently available that will fit?

Rich see below, fitted this over weekend. I believe the 60 at the end is just the lights on the wheel, (normally 59). This wheel came from a 991 turbo and fitted straight onto my 997.2 PDK. Problem is from an OPC they will say it doesn't fit!

Hero,

I read something about different ones for cars with launch control, is this true?

I've a 997.2 PDK with sports chrono, i guess the same part number should work right?

Mine is a 2009 PDK C4S with sports Chrono. I Had the multi function wheel previously, the new sports design wheel with the part number above has the light up sections left side "Sport plus" and right side "Launch control". I presume Sport and sport plus would light separately. These lights are the only thing that don't work on mine, And I believe this is only because it's an early gen 2.
With or without the lights it's a straight swap.

So the .59 is the standard wheel with the paddles. The .60 is the wheel with the lights.

The .60 wheel lights may or may not work depending on age of the gen2 car! And it will need sports Chrono plus to work??

Is that right??

Richtw said:
So the .59 is the standard wheel with the paddles. The .60 is the wheel with the lights.

The .60 wheel lights may or may not work depending on age of the gen2 car! And it will need sports Chrono plus to work??

Is that right??

The .60 is the correct wheel for a 991 Turbo. But is fundamentally the same as the 997.2 part and is an easy retrofit to a 997.2.

I remember when I had the last one fitted to my previous 997.2 it was the OPC who mentioned the lights wouldn't work as it was a 58 plate 997.2, and it needed to be 2010 or later. So they fitted the one without the light up symbols. I'm sure it would be pretty easy to get them working mind.

I'm not 100% on the 59 no, but presume that's without the lights. There is a .60 available second hand on e bay at the moment. I thInk these are going to become even harder to get hold off.

SBSP there must be a way to get the lights to work , is it not just a function that needs switching on with a PIWIS or do you think it might need a later steering control module . :dont know:

Phil 997 said:
SBSP there must be a way to get the lights to work , is it not just a function that needs switching on with a PIWIS or do you think it might need a later steering control module . :dont know:

I'm sure it's an easy fix to be fair. On another note for anyone looking isn't this exactly the same? And will fiit a 911? All these wheels part nos finish in A34 which is probably a clue?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-...339701&hash=item1ca40be7c1:g:jx4AAOSwhjRaopIr

Demort said:
When we retro fitted these wheels then the instructions said the launch control light will not work .. it only works if the wheel is fitted as a factory option .

Iain was that when you were at the "computor says no" OPC or when you moved to an Indy and found out how to really fix these cars :floor: :floor: :thumb:

:floor:

I have to admit it must be 6 years or so since i did one of these but i remember we had to tell customers that the launch control light wouldn't work .

No idea if theres a fix for it .. never seen any option on the testers i use though .

Ill have a little look at a wiring diagram though if i can find one .

Demort said:

I have to admit it must be 6 years or so since i did one of these but i remember we had to tell customers that the launch control light wouldn't work .

No idea if theres a fix for it .. never seen any option on the testers i use though .

I have been searching for a thread on here recently where it was fitted and I was sure the OP said his launch and sport buttons lite up but it may have been a later 997.2

Phil .. send me an email addy for you please .

Best i can come up with is a recoding of the instrument cluster .. there is an option to select sports plus and launch control .

I would check steering column cu codeing as well .

Phil 997 said:
Demort said:

I have been searching for a thread on here recently where it was fitted and I was sure the OP said his launch and sport buttons lite up but it may have been a later 997.2

Phil 99% sure that would be with changing from the later multi function like below?

Ah you may be right with the top panel on it :grin: yes bet your right :thumb:

Looks like the 997 SportDesign steering wheel is still on back order, at least according to OPC Brooklands. Interesting that such an important part can be allowed to go out of stock for months.

Bit of a thread resurrection ....!

I've just had the Sport Design Wheel fitted to my early Gen 2 manual.

Being an early Gen 2, it came with a Gen 1 sport steering wheel, so i had to buy the later airbag too.

Did the swap over, but the horn doesn't work.

Is this a coding issue ir do i need some kind of wiring hardware to get it to function?

Cheers!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back