Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 & RS RHD Numbers

jotaking

Does anyone have the RHD production numbers for the GT3 & RS variants over the years??

I would be interested to know : -

996.1 GT3 & RS
996.2 GT3 & RS
997.1 GT3 & RS
997.2 GT3 & RS
997.2 GT3 RS 4.0
991.1 GT3 & RS

Cheers :thumb:

Zero....for all years ....

They are only a figment of the imagination unless you have a brother on the board of Porsche, you have bought one each year from the beginning of production, you are a multi-millionaire (and have bought a Carrera GT, 918, and many others), or you are Mark Webber....... :roll: :hand:

Thanks Pzero

The figures only relate to the older models.

A quick search on google pointed me to a rennlist page where the US folks were speculating on the 991 GT3 & RS numbers being anywhere between 4 & 9K??

We need an insider?

Surely our Illuminati leader should know this info?

Over to Zingari.....

I cooked up a little spreadsheet a while back from the best sources that I could find at the time, so I'll offer that up for your research (although I didn't log the sources so pinch of salt if sceptical).

996.1 GT3 - 1868 total, of which 106 UK C16 (only 28 of which were specced as Clubsports) out of a global total of 308 RHD and of course 0 US C02.

996.2 GT3 - 2313 total with 239 UK C16 and 1017 US C02

996.2 GT3 RS - 682 total, 140 RHD (of which 113 were UK, 17 Aus, 4 NZ and the rest presumably HK, Sng, Jpn) and 0 for the Americans

997.1 GT3 - 2378 global, 248 UK C16, 916 US C02

997.1 GT3 RS - 1909 global inc 119 UK and 413 US

997.2 GT3 - 2256 global. Exact UK number is unclear but it is between 120 and 166 depending upon source. 658 US (although almost none of those are CS, which is understandable given that they don't get the cage).

997.2 GT3 RS - 1600 global. UK number is again vague and various sources have it as anywhere between 87 and 139. US is 543.

997.2 GT3 RS 4.0 - 600 global. UK numbers have varying sources again, but it appears that there were 28 supplied to customers through UK OPCs but the number of RHD cars that initially ended up here was 32 - the difference may be UK cars sourced from non-UK OPCs to UK spec or C98s (Cyprus) or cars from other RHD regions that were immediately imported here. The numbers for the US were also unable to verify, but at least 126 through to claims that they got half the global production (so 300 of them).

991 GT3 - approximately 3100 globally of which 335 are believed to be UK cars. The most common GT3 in the UK.

991 GT3 RS - no global number that I could find at the time, but at least 265 to the UK. By GT3 standards they are also not a rare car.

996 GT2 - pre-facelift 963 global with 113 coming to the UK and 288 going to the US. Add to that an extra 324 cars after the facelift (more power, GT3 style wheels and so on) of which 16 came to the UK and 29 to the US. UK Clubsports are only 16 and only 3 or 4 of those are post-facelift, making the 04-05 GT2 CS THE unicorn of water cooled Porsches.

997 GT2 - 1261 total of which 62 are UK cars and either 205 or 237 are US (conflicting sources again).

997 GT2 RS - 500 in total. The UK number is claimed as either 19 or 24 depending upon source and the US got 133.

Hope that is of use.

Some interesting numbers there Colin, thanks for sharing.

Disco said:
Hope that is of use.

Excellent info...Thanks Disco. :thumb:

Your knowledge and input on the GT board is second to none. Are GT cars a hobby or is motorsport your profession?

Looking through Disco's numbers they are very similar to what I got from Total 911.

This is the updated list.

Attachments

• porsche_production_numbers_143.jpeg
    porsche_production_numbers_143.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 9,694
I'm not sure this is exactly what you are after.
But this is a great site
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/browse/porsche

It does show number of registrations for that model.

Also great to kill an hour seeing how many Marinas are still on the road!

Sorry, its been a while since I posted, updated signature. Doh!

jotaking said:
Your knowledge and input on the GT board is second to none. Are GT cars a hobby or is motorsport your profession?

To be honest there are many matters where you are better asking people like NXI20 {he has vastly more track time than I and knows infinitely more about modifications}, but I have been following all things GT3 for rather a long time since I started researching my first one (which I eventually bought almost 12 years ago now - an OPC sourced one owner 996.2 GT3 with 6400 miles on the clock). I destroyed that on the Nurburgring in 2011 and replaced it with the 997.2 Clubsport that I've had since.

msb4t said:
I'm not sure this is exactly what you are after.
But this is a great site
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/browse/porsche

It does show number of registrations for that model.

Also great to kill an hour seeing how many Marinas are still on the road!

I love howmanyleft, but while a useful guide : particularly with rarer cars it only gives you part of the story. Specifically it doesn't help with the numbers of cars which were originally UK supplied for anything where people brought in left hookers from the continent in roughly the same year when they were on the market. It also lumps together cars with the same name of different generations (e.g. "911 GT3 RS" combines the 996 and both generations of 997).

For example there are currently 49 997 4.0 RSs on there as either taxed or SORN when the dealer network only sold 28 and we know that some of that small number were exported (which is why if you look at the data and add up the registrations, 52 have so far come into the country. At least one also somehow managed to be sold and exported unregistered if you followed the right threads at the right time). Which is consistent when you follow the market - cars have been advertised in the UK (as UK registered) which were originally built for the German, Swedish, Swiss, Hong Kong and Middle Eastern markets (and likely others).

The 4 litre is easy to follow, but if you go to the page for the GT3 RS then you cannot separate which are 996s, 997.1s, 997.2s or imports at any point in the curve past 2005 (so was a car registered in 2010 a new UK 997.2, a left hook one {there were more buyers than cars for them and people were importing brand new in the same year} or an import of one of the earlier 996 or 997.1 cars?

So it is a useful resource, but you have to dig as the headline numbers can be deceptive for anything collectible or with a constrained supply. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back