Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

£50k 911 - which one?

Boba fett said:
T8 said:
The GT3 has the wide body as per the 4/4S. Both well out of budget. :)

NB: The 2S is narrow bodied.

I always thought the GT3 was a narrow body and the GT3 RS was the wide body, did it change on the 991 :?:

Yep. 991 Turbo and GT3Rs are wider still.

Magic919 said:
It wasn't that far from the Beetle 50 years ago.

according to some comments I get its still not :floor: :floor:

T8 said:
Boba fett said:
T8 said:
The GT3 has the wide body as per the 4/4S. Both well out of budget. :)

NB: The 2S is narrow bodied.

I always thought the GT3 was a narrow body and the GT3 RS was the wide body, did it change on the 991 :?:

Yep. 991 Turbo and GT3Rs are wider still.

:eek: So is it wide body and wider body on the 991 or are there now narrow body , wide body and wider body . :dont know:

2 and 2S are 1808mm wide
4, 4S and GT3 are 1852 mm wide.
Turbo and GT3RS are 1880 mm wide.

T8 said:
2 and 2S are 1808mm wide

:thumb: Thanks for clarifying Terry. so thats my lesson for today learnt , dont know much about 991s certainly didnt know there were three widths :eek:

T8 said:
2 and 2S are 1808mm wide

Just to add that all GTSs also have the 'medium' wide body (1852 mm), even the 2wd ones. Simple isn't it :D

Trev I'm biased but the 997 Turbo is so special, it feels iconic maybe like your beautiful E type! Just in case you've not discovered you can get the modern GEN 2 interface PCM3 with the Mezger engine, it's 2009 997.1 Turbo I paid £55k for mine 18 months ago. It's a tip with 50k on the clock.

Good luck with the search, make sure you get out there and try a few!!

silvermilnec said:
Trev I'm biased but the 997 Turbo is so special, it feels iconic maybe like your beautiful E type! Just in case you've not discovered you can get the modern GEN 2 interface PCM3 with the Mezger engine, it's 2009 997.1 Turbo I paid £55k for mine 18 months ago. It's a tip with 50k on the clock.

Chris , thats the one they call the turbo 1.5 isnt it , member down heres brought an Aqua blue one :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:

Chris , thats the one they call the turbo 1.5 isnt it , member down heres brought an Aqua blue one :thumb:

Yep boba was responsible for making my mind up ref the Mezger but I couldn't spend double the money from my 997.1 4S and still have PCM2. I waited patiently for one to come up and it did. I was checking all the usual places 2 or 3 times a day when I was with the family flying out on holls when I spotted it as we checked in. I put a deposit down for him to hold it for when I got back. I'd already been given a guaranteed £25k for my 4S by my Indy and they matched that. When I saw the turbo in the flesh I was disappointed by the prep but I saw passed that and negotiated another £1k off👍

Sorry op for the hijack!!

Most would surely go for the 997.1 Turbo over a 997.2 at a similar price? There are quite a few on offer at around £50k and you might get lucky with a manual even. A few slightly higher mileage examples, but there's a lovely looking silver manual one at Romans of St Albans at £52k.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back