Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

£37k for a 996 CSR?!

rdodger said:
I think it looks pretty good and will appeal to some

At that price I would expect all the wheel nuts to be there though.

:worship:

Great prep work on the car as well :nooo: :nooo: :nooo:

Clearly wheel locking nuts have been removed for whatever reason.

People make me laugh with this stuff 'it's just pretending to be something it's not' people are so serious. It's just a car and just a sticker. The only person it needs to please is the owner. This car will be bought by somebody and they will be happy with it. It's thats all that matters.

The Singer is not OEM, they just made that name up, but they made a great car and now they are more valuable than original Porsches. RUF is a tuner, TechArt etc. Just because CSR isn't as prestigious at the other brands doesnt make it a good package for someone with less money to spend.

isysman said:

People make me laugh with this stuff 'it's just pretending to be something it's not' people are so serious. It's just a car and just a sticker. The only person it needs to please is the owner. This car will be bought by somebody and they will be happy with it. It's thats all that matters.

The Singer is not OEM, they just made that name up, but they made a great car and now they are more valuable than original Porsches. RUF is a tuner, TechArt etc. Just because CSR isn't as prestigious at the other brands doesnt make it a good package for someone with less money to spend.

A singer says singer on the log book so does RUF. its a car built from the floor pan up and registered as such.

Kind of expected this response from you, as you have something pretending its not, but before you go all defensive, I do love your car, trust me, its lovely, but its a modified 997 Turbo, just like mine and others on paper, and that's what counts.

:thumb:

Boba fett said:
isysman said:

A singer says singer on the log book so does RUF. its a car built from the floor pan up and registered as such.

Kind of expected this response from you, as you have something pretending its not, but before you go all defensive, I do love your car, trust me, its lovely, but its a modified 997 Turbo, just like mine and others on paper, and that's what counts.

:thumb:

I don't need to 'go defensive' because like I said, the only person my car needs to please is me. People who think it's wtong or whatever can leave off the stickers when they build theirs.

I'm saying it doesn't matter what the paperwork says (to the people who like this and cars like it). I know what my car is, I built it. But when I'm in it and experiencing it, what the V5 says doesn't have any affect on how it feels and how it makes me feel. The CSR is a 911, so it's a good start, and they've made some modifications that no doubt improved it some. So it's a win win. What it says on the boot is really irrelevant.

As for the price, it's high I agree on that.

Love the last sentence there, that's the whole point of the thread. Its a modded 996 and thats that.

That was the reason the thread started but you strayed into another subject which is what I was addressing.

As for the price, if someone buys it then it's not overpriced to the seller because he got the asking price. Many people would argue that 997 Gen.1 prices are way too high, but people are buying them.

To all the negative posters above; have ANY of you ever driven a CSR ? They are an absolute performance bargain. Drive one and you will be absolutely blown away. So close to GT3 performance but actually useable and comefortable on the road. Great cars and half the price of a GT3

blanc said:
To all the negative posters above; have ANY of you ever driven a CSR ? They are an absolute performance bargain. Drive one and you will be absolutely blown away. So close to GT3 performance but actually useable and comfortable on the road. Great cars and half the price of a GT3

Not sure anyone is being negative about the car itself; I personally love the CSR (and CLR) idea and execution.

However, it's not for me, because for £37K I would have something even better, that's all (e.g. a Hartech 3.9L bomb-proof engine, as well as all the goodies CSR use).

A good manual car is now close to 20k. Gearbox, clutch , Suspension, brake and interior parts alone at a good 10k before Labour. That excludes setup, interior or exterior mods and of course the engine rebuild. Am I missing something or is 37k not cheaper than doing it yourself? I am on my second build first a boxster and now a 911 and financially should have bought a CSR to begin with.

I was quoted 15k from Hatrech for their 3.9 motor.

blanc said:
A good manual car is now close to 20k. Gearbox, clutch , Suspension, brake and interior parts alone at a good 10k before Labour. That excludes setup, interior or exterior mods and of course the engine rebuild. Am I missing something or is 37k not cheaper than doing it yourself? I am on my second build first a boxster and now a 911 and financially should have bought a CSR to begin with.

I was quoted 15k from Hatrech for their 3.9 motor.

Agreed and as it is a recognised company, will probably hold its value than doing it yourself.

Gents as always an interesting and varied set of posts . after calculating what I have spent on mine to make it as close to a four seat GT3 as I can. it does make 37k for the CSR seem reasonable,
re the debate between members and their cars , I love isys car I also love bobas car, both personalised to suit the owner as is mine . There will always be those that dont like what we have done, but thats a good thing other wise who are we going to smack in the mouth :floor: :floor: .
But seriously we should apreciate what everones doing to enjoy their cars in a way that makes them happy, someone will love that CSR even with wheel nuts missing :grin: :grin:

The singers and the RUFs are huge money that not everyone can spend so theres a place for
CSR, techarts GTspeed etc as well as the one off personalised cars we do ourselves , still waiting for the 85k offer for my GTphil997 :grin: :grin: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back