Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Federal 595 RS-R ?

Sundayjumper

Anyone here using these ?

I'm picking up some wheels tonight that have a part worn set fitted at the moment. They seem to get good reviews as budget trackday tyres.

bloody great tyres!!

people seem to turn their noses up at them but loads of grip and they work in the wet/damp too. have been on track on them and for the ££ they are just brilliant.

they are no Pirelli trofeo or Michelin Cup but still good.

:yeah:

Stonking tyres for the money. I have a set to go on my new wheels for this spring. Purely road use in my case but I've had them on track cars before and they're fantastic.

They don't need loads of heat in them or anything to work, hence they're a great road and track tyre.

£390 for 4 (2x 285/30/18 & 2x 225/40/18) compared to about £800 for Michelins.

Not sure I'd use them daily in ice and floods but that's only because I've never tried. For a summer car though they're superb.
Nice stiff sidewalls too. Great for the rears with our engines being back there. :thumb:

ETA - with yours being used check the dates. Any tyre will deteriorate over time and I don't like using any beyond 5 years old.
Earlier batches were known for getting small lines/splits across the tread. This is harmless and caused by the moulding process but is a bit disconcerting the first time you see it.

I never hear of it now though.

Nice, I'll give them a chance then. After checking the dates.

NLW73 - every time I see your posts I keep meaning to mention that you're local to me - I'm in Owlsmoor. But I rarely drive my car so you won't have seen me out & about !

I have a set of these on some 996 17" Twists that I ran as track/road tyres on my 944T.

They're a decent compromise for most conditions but they don't deal with st ding water particularly well due to the lack of radial grooves. They also like some heat in them too but like all track tyres expect pressures to rise about 7psi when they're warm so they will benefit from being bled a little on a spirited run - just remember to inflate them again before your next day out.

I found that when pushed hard on track they did start to go off a little after 20 mins but then again so does the driver so no problem there.

Sundayjumper said:
After checking the dates.

2011 rear & 2012 front. And they're bloody noisy too ! Brought the car to work today and I've got a bit of a headache now.

Sundayjumper said:
Sundayjumper said:
After checking the dates.

2011 rear & 2012 front. And they're bloody noisy too ! Brought the car to work today and I've got a bit of a headache now.

Those are a bit old.

Book a trackway and use them up :thumb:

A fantastic tyre. I used Toyo 888s and will never go back. A great wet weather tyre

They're a good value for money track day tyre with a low treadwear rating. I have them on a third set of rims for my other car. They need a little heat but don't go off too quickly, unlike Toyo 888s. They're definitely not fantastic in the wet, but I managed to drive 600km across Sweden in the rain without crashing...

We have also used Yokohama Advan Neova AD08, Nitto NT01 and Kumho v70a, all of which are compromised in the wet. The Yokos probably have the best combination of grip to actual wear. All this being said, these track day tyres don't come in each and every size, so I'd probably run the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup2s on the 997.

I've read that these fit a bit big. Is this the case or will I be fine ordering the same size as the OE tires?

The car is 2002 carrera with 18 wheels (if 2wd vs 4wd makes any difference).

Thanks in advance

Ive got 225/40/18 & 285/30/18 on 8" & 10" rims and they fit well. I was also very pleased with their performance on track.

FWIW, the old ones went straight in the bin, the new ones are not noisy.

Attachments

• a11dd28e_6828_4d6a_ad0b_3b84fbac399e_206.jpeg
    a11dd28e_6828_4d6a_ad0b_3b84fbac399e_206.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 5,305

New Threads

Forum statistics