Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front plate and tandem pump question

Rickenbacker

Trainee
Had a new tandem pump fitted on Monday. Whilst the cover is all nice and shiny should I apply some grease or oil now to increase its longevity ??? Any suggestions ? waxoil ? grease ? oil ?

Also had the front PU resprayed and moved the number plate fixings onto a Zunsport centre grill.

Just waiting for some sunshine now...... :thumbs:

Attachments

• spook_april_10_2018web_531.jpg
    spook_april_10_2018web_531.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 1,932
Nice, yes put something on the TP, ACF 50 is easier to apply than wayoyl but needs doing every year.
ACP do a replacement cover that it supposed to be corrosion resistant , and there is also a stainless over cover avail but both those options are about £175

:thumb:

:agree: +1 on what Phil says. I had the TP replaced a while ago and it was given a coating of waxoil. Last time I looked it was holding up well.

Phil 997 said:
Nice, yes put something on the TP, ACF 50 is easier to apply than wayoyl but needs doing every year.
ACP do a replacement cover that it supposed to be corrosion resistant , and there is also a stainless over cover avail but both those options are about £175

The stainless cover goes over the top of the existing one where as the ACP one is a direct replacement

Thefinn said:
Phil 997 said:

The stainless cover goes over the top of the existing one where as the ACP one is a direct replacement

:yeah: :yeah:

Did exactly same with my front plate on my previous car :thumbs:

I think it's the best place. Assuming you dont have a central rad.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back