Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cd change for 996

NLW73

Albert Park
98 Carrera with the cr22 Becker front and tapes. Makes me laugh it so old Skoool

Now the cd changer in the frunk is missing when bought.

What one do I need? The wiring and that is in there still. Is it the CFC 3 Becker that is compatible?

A few on eBay for sale. If anyone has one lying around to sell then happy to take too

Ta nw

It might be cheaper to buy a used CDR-22 single CD head unit, codes are available for less than £5 if you get a head unit without a code...?

Any idea where I would find one of those?

And where do you get the codes from?

The cd changer is made by sony for becker.

You might be able to find a sony changer cheaper.

Or just don't bother... who uses a cd changer these days?!

Just get an aux wire in the back, and hook up a bluetooth audio adapter, will cost under a tenner.

Then either load your phone up with tunes or keep an old iPod or phone in the car.

Type cdr 22 into eBay, there's a good one there now for 125 plus 10 postage which already has code and no worn buttons.

Codes to can get for a pound or two again from eBay, type becker code.

You will need the removal keys, again eBay, they are 1 or 2 quid, type becker keys. Look at you tube video How To remove it's a bit of a fiddle

The earlier 996 like you have are equiped with standard iso connectors so any aftermarket radio will fit if you want more modern functions and can bear the looks or go continental from vdo website you can get a head unit that looks oem and has Bluetooth & dab Usb slot etc http://www.vdoshop.co.uk/acatalog/CDD7418UB-OR.html

Type cdr 22 into eBay, there's a good one there now for 125 plus 10 postage which already has code and no worn buttons.

Codes to can get for a pound or two again from eBay, type becker code.

You will need the removal keys, again eBay, they are 1 or 2 quid, type becker keys. Look at you tube video How To remove it's a bit of a fiddle

The earlier 996 like you have are equiped with standard iso connectors so any aftermarket radio will fit if you want more modern functions and can bear the looks or go continental from vdo website you can get a head unit that looks oem and has Bluetooth & dab Usb slot etc

Double post

Paz said:
The sound quality on the Continental/VDO/Kienzle OEM-looking head units is no where near as good as Becker.
Is this from personal experience?

Paz said:
looks like the Becker de-coding service by these chaps has risen in price...
https://www.dndservices.co.uk/manufacturers_s.php?manufacturerid=52
That's for a manual unlock when you have entered the wrong code in multiple times. Usually goes into wait mode on a becker and it locks you out for an hour or something- you have to leave it powered up till it's ready to accept the correct code

I had a lovely looking Kienzle head unit but sadly no phono-out so didn't work in my Sound Pack car, I did however install it one of my other cars and it sounded flat in comparison to the basic Kenwood head unit which I subsequently installed, whether with CD, radio or media files.

I had to get a code from DND Services when the code from my Becker manual didn't work.

NLW73 said:
98 Carrera with the cr22 Becker front and tapes. Makes me laugh it so old Skoool

Now the cd changer in the frunk is missing when bought.

What one do I need? The wiring and that is in there still. Is it the CFC 3 Becker that is compatible?

A few on eBay for sale. If anyone has one lying around to sell then happy to take too

Ta nw

I have a lead that fits your cd changer socket that connects to your iPhone and charges it up at the same time if interested?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back