Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

opc vs indy

1largehouse

any views on drop in resale value of a 2010 turbo ,full opc history up until now thinking of going indy route ,is this going to effect my sale value in the future ?

As long as it is a reputable indy, none whatsoever, IMHO.

Personally I would rather see evidence of a caring ownership, i.e annual oil service, bills outside of scheduled servicing which basically amounts to an oil change and glorified MOT every two years.

If you feel very strongly about it, just get the bi-annual OPC stamp, and get all other work done by a trusted indy.

1largehouse said:
any views on drop in resale value of a 2010 turbo ,full opc history up until now thinking of going indy route ,is this going to effect my sale value in the future ?

Depends on what you are having done. If its routine servicing, using OPC fixed prices is either not much dearer than indy for the perceived value of the OPC stamp and in some cases the indy charges are dearer than OPC.

On a Turbo the one exception is the silly price OPC want for a major with spark plugs - this used to be £750 inc plugs and inc VAT. GThey now want around £1400 for it - priced themselves out of the market - indys are around £650-£700 for major with plugs inc VAT. At £750 in OPC it was a no-brainer. Not at £1400 thiough!

For nonp-servicing work, use an indy where possible.

Key consideration is to ask for labour rate. The modern classics for 996 and some 997 models at OPC is £75 + VAT = £90. Ask your proposed indy his labour rates - quite likely similar or higher. Now if the indy is going to use OPC supplied parts, where will be the saving? Savings then versus OPC price for the same job at that labour rate at an indy must be in the use of aftermarket parts - typically 30% saving with aftermarket parts.

Also ask how much labour time? OPC uses book time. If it takes longer the book time is what you'll be charged. Indys start off with book time + extra time for things taking longer due to age of cars and corrosion etc.
If so get the book time from OPC. Then ask the indy for how much time and then ask why the difference (if any) and then decide if labour rates are the same.

Cant help with effect on values. But think about it, when the cars are being part-ex'd the taking in dealer plays down the OPC history. But when the car is up for sale he plays it up and uses it as a selling feature. The reality is that irrespective of one's opinions there are people buying these cars who perceive an OPC main dealer history as better than non-OPC. This might not value the car any higher but it may sell quicker (or some might say take longer to sell based on their OPC experiences of the past)

Only you can be the judge of what you value and what you perceive to be the best for your car. If it is virgin, you decide if you want to break its virginity.

I'd expect OPC on that age of car if I was buying.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back